Air fryer Butternut Squash is an easy side dish filled with fall flavors.
Really easy to prepare with a sweet tone given by cinnamon, which goes so well with this kind of pumpkin.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Ingredients To Make Air Fryer Butternut Squash Recipe
- Butternut: To make this recipe for two people we need a medium butternut squash, which is perfect to make this recipe thanks to its sweet flavor.
You can also use the pre-cut butternut you find at the grocery store (If you love butternut I recommend you try this super creamy butternut risotto).
- Olive oil: It will help us make crispy, roasted squash.
- Spices: I used a mix of salt, black pepper and cinnamon for this recipe.
A lovely mix to use to prepare air-fried butternut is a mix of maple syrup, oil, and thyme.
Very simple ingredients for the perfect side dish.
How To Cook Fresh Butternut In The Air Fryer
Peel and cut: Remove the butternut squash skin with the help of a sharp vegetable peeler. With a sharp knife cut the butternut in half and with a spoon remove the seeds. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
Season and preheat the air fryer: In a large bowl, place the squash cubes. Add the spice mixture and mix well.
Cook: Place the butternut in the air fryer basket, being careful not to overlap it.
Cook it for 15-20 minutes. Shake halfway through cooking.
Tips For the best results
- Cut the cubes all the same size, so you won’t run the risk that some cubed butternut won’t be cooked.
- Always preheat the air fryer, this will ensure you cook evenly.
- Choose a good butternut, a fresh product will ensure the success of the dish.
How to pick a good butternut squash
To tell if the pumpkin is ripe you need to pay attention to several factors.
First you have to look at the petiole: when the fruit is ripe this element starts to dry out, the rule says that if the petiole is dry the pumpkin is probably ripe.
Then you have to check the texture of the peel, try to carve the outer peel with your fingernail, if it is hard and scratches the pumpkin is good.
And lastly, beat the peel, and a dull, gloomy sound will result. This will tell us that the squash is ripe and perfect for cooking.
What To Serve With Butternut
Another idea for using air fryer butternut is to add it on top of a salad and it is a perfect addition to your favorite quinoa bowls.
For this recipe I do not recommend it, the result would be mushy and harder to make pumpkin crisp. Frozen squash is recommended for making butternut squash soup.
Yes. Use 1-2 tablespoons of melted butter and add a tablespoon of brown sugar or natural sugars, then air fry.
The skin of the butternut is edible, so you can leave it if you prefer.
CONNECT WITH THE BELLA VITA!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Roasted Butternut Squash In The Air Fry
Air fryer butternut squash, Easy to prepare and requires very few ingredients for a delicious side dish. The perfect fall side dish!
- 1 Medium Butternut squash
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Cut off the bottom of the squash
- squash and with a sharp peeler remove the skin of the squash.
- Cut the pumpkin in half and then into cubes (1-inch). Meanwhile, preheat the air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large mixing bowl put the butternut and add the oil, salt, black pepper,cinnamon and mix well.
- Place butternut in the basket of the air fryer in a single layer, and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes(375°F). Shake the basket halfway through cooking.
- When they are golden brown they are ready to enjoy. Give them a sprinkle of coarse salt and serve this healthy side dish.
Place the butternut in a baking dish. Bake in a 400°F oven for 30-35 minutes, until the butternut squash is tender and golden brown.
If you want to prepare a whole butternut in halves, I recommend not peeling. The time will be extended by about 15 to 20 minutes of cooking time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1590mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
How to store it:
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days.
To reheat them, put them in an air fryer for a couple of minutes at 350°F (180°C).