Breaded pork chops are a quick and tasty main course: breaded and baked pork chops that are soft inside and crispy outside.
Pork chops are made from the pork rib, and the layer of fat that surrounds them makes them very tender.
Pork chops: Ask your butcher for their recommendation and make sure you get chops that are the same size, so that they cook evenly. I used the bone-in ones, because they are tastier in my opinion.
Extra virgin olive oil: We use it for marinating and cooking. Marinating the pork in oil makes the meat juicier and tender.
Garlic cloves: We put it in the breadcrumbs to give flavour.
Eggs: We need them to make the breadcrumbs stick to the pork.
Breadcrumbs: To make the pork super crunchy.
You can use simple Italian breadcrumbs or even panko.
Parmesan cheese: Gives a great Italian flavour to the dish.
Parsley: To give a fresh taste.
Salt and pepper: To taste.
Rosemary: Gives a delicious scent to our breaded pork chops.
Why This Breaded Pork Chops Recipe Is The Best
This recipe makes your pork chops super juicy, soft and crispy.
It is my favourite recipe for cooking pork.
They are super good: An easy recipe for everyone
Simple and easy: It’s really easy to make these breaded pork chops, and the ingredients are easy to find.
Family-friendly: A recipe that I’m sure the whole family will love.
What Is The Secret To Making Tender Pork Chops?
My secret is marinating in olive oil.
The marinade is used to make the meat tender and fragrant.
Marinating meat means dipping it while still raw into a liquid and letting it sit for a variable amount of time.
In this way the muscle fibres soften and absorb the smells and scents of the liquid.
Once you have prepared and poured the oil over the meat, massage the pork thoroughly with your hands so that it takes on a uniform flavour.
Then cover the dish with cling film and leave to rest in the fridge.
How To Make Breaded Pork Chops
Marinate the pork chops in a container with oil.
Place them in the fridge for at least half an hour.
Prepare the breadcrumbs.
Put the breadcrumbs, salt, garlic, pepper, parsley and parmesan cheese in a bowl.
Coat the steaks in breadcrumbs, dip first in the beaten egg and then in the breadcrumbs, repeat this step twice.
In a baking tray with baking paper, lightly oil the surface and place the pork chops, add rosemary sprigs. , and pour a drizzle of olive oil over it.
How Long To Bake
Bake at 200°C for 20 minutes (392 °F).
The last five minutes put the oven on the grill setting for a crispier crust.
How Do You Get Breading To Stick To Pork Chops?
With double breadcrumbs.
Beat the eggs in a bowl, dip the pork chops first in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs and repeat this step twice.
If you don’t want to use double breadcrumbs, you can dip the pork chops first in flour, then in egg and then in breadcrumbs.
What To Serve With…
These pork chops are a simple entrée that can be served with a variety of side dishes.
You can accompany it with:
- A delicious and fresh salad.
- With delicious potatoes, baked fries, potato puffs or with this classic American potato salad.
- Pan-fried vegetables.
- Oven vegetables like this candied brussels sprouts.
- Casserole, like this tasty Hashbrown casserole.
- Air fryer vegetables, like this crispy smashed brussel sprouts or this easy and quick air fryer frozen broccoli.
Breaded Pork Chops Recipe: 3 Ways To Cook Three Ways To Cook It
- Sliced Potatoes In The Air Fryer Recipe
- 30 Authentic Italian Dessert Recipes
- Air Fryer Pork Chop Bites Recipe
- Italian Soffritto: A Flavorful Culinary Staple
- Italian Creamy Mushroom Risotto
- 4 Pork chops
- 60ml Extra virgin olive oil (for marinating and cooking)
- 2 Garlic cloves (chopped)
- 3 Eggs
- 300g Breadcrumbs ( 2 cups)
- 50g Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup)
- A small bunch of parsley (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rosemary bunches
- First we marinate the pork chops. In a container with high sides, we put the chops, salt and pepper on both sides, and then add the olive oil (about 6 tablespoons). Rub the meat with the oil and spices and leave to rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the breadcrumbs. Put the breadcrumbs, cheese, chopped garlic, chopped parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well together.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- When the pork has finished marinating in oil, we start with the preparation of the breaded pork chops.
- Dip the pork chops first in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs. In this recipe we will make a double breadcrumb coating, so dip the pork chops again in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs. Make sure the breadcrumbs stick well to the pork. *
- For cooking, we preheat the oven to 200 ℃ (392 °F).
- Place the pork chops on some baking paper, put bunches of rosemary on top and pour a drizzle of olive oil over it.
- Let the pork chops cook for about 20 minutes. For the last 5 minutes I recommend putting the grill setting on, in the oven.
* Tip: I always recommend letting the breaded pork rest in the fridge for at least half an hour for a crispier texture.
Serve with Breaded zucchini sticks!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 854Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 282mgSodium: 989mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 59g
Cooking In The Air Fryer
Place the seasoned pork chops in the basket of the air fryer, making sure they do not overlap, and spray the surface of the pork with a little oil.
Cook at 400°F (205°C) for 12-15 minutes.
Be sure to flip about halfway through cooking, about 6-8 minutes.
Pan-Fry Breaded Pork chops
Take a non-stick frying pan, put plenty of extra virgin olive oil in it and let it warm up well.
It is very important that the oil is hot but not boiling.
Place the cutlets in the pan with the oil and cook for 4 minutes on both sides.
Pork is fairly quick to cook, but for perfect cooking it is advisable to lower the heat after they have browned on both sides, so that the inside is also well cooked.
Place them on absorbent paper without overlapping to remove excess oil and serve.
Storing And How To Reheat
The pork chops will stay fresh in the fridge for two days.
You can heat the pork cutlets in the oven for 10 minutes at 200°.
Freezing Pork Chops
Wrap each breaded pork chop in freezer paper.
Store breaded pork chops in an airtight plastic container to protect them from freezer air.
They can stay in the freezer for up to two month.
Cooking Frozen Pork Chops
You can put frozen pork chops directly into the oven to cook them without thawing.
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Bake the pork chops in the oven for about 35 minutes, or until a food thermometer inserted into the centre of each one reaches 145°F, the minimum safe temperature for eating pork.