Potato puffs in an air fryer is a delicious way to enjoy a tasty snack or a tasty potato side dish.
They are really easy to prepare and it is a great recipe if you have leftover mashed potatoes.
Because giving life to the leftovers is one of the most super satisfying things to do.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Why This Recipe Is The Best
Super Easy: It only takes a few steps and very few ingredients to create these delicious potato balls that are soft inside with an incredible crunch outside.
A recipe for recycling leftovers: A best way for giving leftover mashed potatoes a new shape.
Customizable: You can create crispy potato puffs for every taste with this recipe.
What You Need For This Homemade Potato Puffs
Potatoes: The best potatoes for this recipe are potatoes with lots of starch such as russets, which are characterized by a very low water content and a high starch content, making them particularly floury.
Red potatoes are also great for this recipe
Cornstarch: Cornstarch helps make these potato puffs even crispier outside.
Seasoning of choice: I used salt, black pepper, and parsley to make these potato puffs flavorful, but the combinations are endless.
Imagine potato puffs with rosemary or flavored with curry, I don’t know which to try first!
Olive oil or avocado oil: We will use oil to help us shape our balls.
Optional dip: Classic ketchup or ranch dressing works well.
How To Make Potato Puffs At Home
To prepare the potato mixture for your air fryer potato puffs, start by boiling in a large pot peeled and diced potatoes in cold water and salt until they are tender.
Drain the potatoes and mash them with a fork or potato masher until they are smooth.
Add cornstarch, chopped fresh parsley and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and black pepper to the mashed potatoes.
Mix everything together until it is well combined.
Wet your hands with little bit of oil and start making potato balls.
Preheat your air fryer, and place the potato puffs in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
You don’t need to add extra oil.
Cook in the preheated air fryer for 13 minutes, give a good shake halfway through, until they are crispy
and golden brown on the outside.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe Notes & Tips For The Best Results
- Give all puff potatoes the same size, you can help yourself with a cookie scoop to form the puffs all the same size.
- Preheat the air fryer.
- Add one tablespoon at a time of cornstarch until you have a firm, easily workable dough; the amount of starch may vary because it varies with the amount of water in the potatoes, which cannot be predicted.
- Always check during cooking, as cooking time may vary from air fryer to air fryer.
The variations we can make to this recipe are endless.
- Don’t have cornstarch?
Replace it with rice flour or potato starch.
- Add chili pepper for spicy-tasting balls.
- Add mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese inside, for super stringy puff potatoes.
- Use your favorite seasonings. Taco seasoning, curry, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder.
Make them with the spices you like best.
- Coat with breadcrumbs, for super crispy puff balls.
For a healthier version of this recipe, try using sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes.
- Cooking method: If you don’t have an air fryer you can make them in the regular deep fryer, cooking them in vegetable oil until golden brown or in the oven for 20 minutes at 200 degrees F.
What To Serve With Potato Puffs
Or simply serve them together with your favorite dipping sauce, such as ranch, barbecue sauce or sour
cream, for a tasty appetizer or quick snack that everyone will love.
You can make a bowl of snack potatoes, combine sweet potato fries, french fries and these potato
puffs, the perfect snacks for your game nights or in front of a movie.
Tater tots are typically made with grated potatoes that are then molded into small cylindrical shapes. Potato puffs, on the other hand, are made by mashing potatoes with other ingredients and then forming them into balls.
In terms of taste and texture, tater tots tend to be more crunchy and crisp, while potato puffs are soft and fluffy on the inside with a crispy exterior.
Delicious Potato Puffs Recipe In Air fryer
CONNECT WITH THE BELLA VITA!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Get ready for a delicious and easy-to-make snack with this potato puffs in air fryer! Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside!
- 4 large Russet potatoes (13 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Begin by cooking the potatoes. Peel and cut them into chunks and cook them in cold and salt water for about 15 minutes, until soft.
- Drain and transfer them to a large bowl and mash them with a potato masher.
- Add the cornstarch a little at a time and and mix until well combined until smooth and easy to shape.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F degrees for 3 min.
- Meanwhile, shape the potato puffs.
- Coat your hands with a little olive oil, this will help shape the potatoes better. Shape into balls of all the same size for homogeneous cooking.
- Air fry for 13 minutes, shake the basket occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Cooking times may vary depending on the size and thickness of your puffs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 54Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 47mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
More delicious air fryer potato easy recipes:
As I have surely told you before, the air fryer is one of my favorite ways of cooking potatoes.
But not just potatoes the air fryer is perfect for so many air fryer side dish recipes, like these zucchini or
these crispy mushrooms.