Roast zucchini in air fryer is an easy to prepare and super delicious and healthy side dish!
With very few simple ingredients you’ll bring a tasty low-carb vegetable to the table to serve with your favorite meal.
Perfect for a meat menu, but also for a fish one, we can enjoy them on a plate or use them to stuff sandwiches and wraps.
Cooking with an air fryer, which is done by passing a stream of hot air through it, allows very little fat to be used: a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in this case.
The zucchini, cut into rounds that are not too thin and seasoned with chopped herbs, thus turn out soft and golden, appetizing but not greasy.
Full List Of Ingredients
Always choose fresh zucchini, make sure they are firm to the touch with a shiny skin and no bruises.
Best with the flower still attached.
The presence of a beautiful zucchini flower (which is absolutely edible) is one of the easiest ways to ascertain its freshness.
For this recipe you can use green or yellow zucchini squash.
Summer is the ideal time to enjoy zucchini.
Peak season is from June to late August, but in some regions zucchini can be found in markets all year around.
Use olive oil or avocado oil. For this recipe we will use very little oil, just a tablespoon.
Salt & black pepper
They serve to flavor the dish. If you don’t like black pepper, you can leave it out.
Another winning combination with zucchini are red pepper flakes.
You can use it if you love that spicy touch.
It is used to give that touch of freshness to zucchini. However, you can substitute it with Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic or bagel seasoning.
Parmesan cheese in this recipe is optional.
I personally love the pairing with the zucchini and those light crispy crusts on top which the cheese creates.
How To Roast Zucchini In Air Fryer
Wash the zucchini well under running water.
Dry them with a cloth. Cut off the two ends, and with a knife slice them.
Sprinkle some salt on top, and then wipe them dry with a clean cloth once again.
Transfer the zucchini to a medium bowl, and season with little bit of salt, pepper, chopped parsley and oil and mix well.
Preheat the air fryer.
Place the zucchini slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Cook for about 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown, shaking the basket occasionally.
Step 4 (optional)
For extra flavor, during the last three minutes of cooking, sprinkle parmesan cheese over the zucchini.
Pro Tip For Delicious Air Fryer Zucchini
- Cut the zucchini all the same size, whether they are sliced, sticks or chunks.
This ensures you cook them uniformly.
- Don’t overfill the basket of the air fryer, so you can avoid mushy zucchini and ensure the best results.
- Always check while cooking.
Cooking times may vary from air fryer to air fryer. This also depends on the size of your air fryer.
A Couple of Variations Of Air Fryer Zucchini
Different seasoned zucchini
A delicious dressing to enjoy with these sliced zucchini is balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic and mint.
Air fryer zucchini chips
Cut the slices of zucchini super thin, helping yourself with a slicer.
Cooking time changes from 12/15 minutes to 8/10 minutes, as it is thinner.
Another way to cook zucchini in an air fryer that is super delicious.
Cut the zucchini into sticks and bread them with breadcrumbs, and then serve them with your favorite dipping sauce.
What to Serve with Air Fried Roasted Zucchini Slices
Zucchini is a super versatile vegetable, and cooked this way you can use it in so many ways.
They are also the perfect side dish to serve with both meat and fish.
Below are my favorite main dishes, perfect for serving with zucchini:
- Easy Air Fryer Chicken Bites
- Meatballs Recipes
- Crispy Chicken Cutlets Recipe
- Air fryer frozen chicken breast
- Buttermilk Roasted Chicken
Store zucchini in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
A great way to reheat zucchini is in the air fryer at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 2 to 3 minutes, or in the oven in a baking sheet with parchment paper for 5 minutes at 375 degrees F.
No, you don’t need to peel zucchini, as they might lose its shape and the peel is the one that contains the most health benefits.
Before you cook them, you need to sprinkle them with a little salt so that they retain their water.
Easy Air Fryer Zucchini Recipe – Perfect Easy Side Dish
CONNECT WITH THE BELLA VITA!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
If you're looking for a delicious, crispy side dish that is also healthy, look no further than this easy recipe for roast zucchini in an air fryer. Easy, delicious and quick!
- 1 medium Zucchini
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/4 tablespoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Wash the zucchini well under running water. Dry it with a cloth and cut off the two ends.
- With a sharp knife cut the zucchini into rounds, try to cut them all the same size. Put some sea salt on top, and then wipe them dry with a clean cloth once again.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Transfer the zucchini to a medium bowl and season with a pinch of salt, black pepper, chopped parsley and oil. If you prefer you can use olive oil spray. Mix well so that all the zucchini are covered with the oil.
- Place the zucchini in the basket of the air fryer, being careful not to overcrowd the basket.
- Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, shaking the basket occasionally.
- (Optional) Three minutes before the end of cooking, sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top and let the cooking continue.
- Serve well hot and enjoy
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 847mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.