Cook these Chicken Bites in the air fryer; crispy and super easy to prepare.
Loved by young and old, you will not be able to stop eating these!
Why You Need To Make Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Bites
Easy to prepare: Preparation and cooking takes less than 30 minutes.
Family friendly: The whole family will love these mini chicken nuggets.
You can make them in advance: Prepare them and store them in the refrigerator or freezer. Ready to be fried in the air fryer when you need them.
Air Fryer Chicken Bites Recipe
These air fryer chicken bites are very similar to homemade chicken nuggets.
The only difference is the size, as these are much smaller.
What We Need To Prepare These Super Crispy Chicken Bites
Chicken: I used chicken breasts to prepare, which is perfect for this preparation. You can use chicken thighs too. Be sure to buy boneless, skinless chicken breast.
Breadcrumbs: You can use plain breadcrumbs or panko for this recipe.
Eggs: Eggs should be used to make sure the breadcrumb topping sticks.
Olive oil: Olive oil helps make the breadcrumbs crispy.
Soy sauce: I used it to marinate the chicken with black pepper. The soy sauce has a high antioxidant content and makes this dish rich in flavor. You can leave it out if you don’t like it. In case marinate the chicken with olive oil and the spices you prefer.
How To Cook Chicken Bites in Air Fryer
Prepare the chicken bites: Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. About 2 inch pieces works well. Try to cut them all the same size for even cooking.
Marinating the chicken: Marinate the already cut-up chicken for a minimum of 15 minutes. I don’t add salt, because the soy sauce is already tasty enough. Add some ground black pepper.
Breading: In one medium bowl beat an egg and in another bowl put the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and parsley.
Dip the chicken first in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs.
Cook the chicken bites in the air fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C for a few minutes. Place the coated chicken bites in the basket in a single layer of the air fryer and spray some olive oil into the chicken bites.
Cook for 10-12 minutes, remembering to toss halfway through cooking.
How To Store and Reheat Leftover Chicken Bites
Let your chicken bites cool completely. Then transfer them to an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
You can heat them in the air fryer for about 4 minutes at 400°F.
How Freeze The Chicken Bites
I recommend freezing them raw.
Then transfer them to a baking sheet so that they do not touch each other. Freeze them for 1 hour.
When done, move them to an airtight container or plastic bag.
Freeze them for up to 3 months.
How To Cook Frozen Chicken Bites In Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for 3 minutes. Place the chicken bites in the basket, being careful not to overlap them. Spray olive oil spray or brush them with oil, helping yourself with a kitchen brush.
Cook the chicken bites for about 12 minutes, turning them halfway through cooking.
Can I Cook Chicken Bites In The Oven?
Yes, you can cook them in the oven.
Place a rack on a baking sheet and lay the chicken bites on the grill. Cook them for 14 to 16 minutes at 400°F, turning them halfway through cooking.
There are so many sauce/dip options for chicken bites. Here are a few of our favorite dipping sauce:
- Barbecue Sauce
- Tzatziki Sauce, it is a fantastic and very fresh Greek preparation made with yogurt, cucumbers and garlic
- Tartar Sauce, a classic sauce to pair with chicken
- Basil mayonnaise
- Sweet and sour sauce
- Marinara sauce
- Buffalo sauce
If you prefer panko you can use it, but it will make the chicken bite super crispy.
You can use chicken breast, but also boneless, skinless chicken thighs are fine to make boneless chicken bites.
If we think about how much less oil we use with the use of the air fryer.
The air fryer works by circulating hot air that circulates cooks the outside of foods first, creating a crispy coating and leaving the inside soft.
CONNECT WITH THE BELLA VITA!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
These homemade Air Fryer Chicken Bites are ultra crispy, tender and juicy.
- 1 lb Chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 3 Tablespoons of soy sauce for marinating
- 1 Teaspoon chopped or Dried parsley
- Olive oil or spray oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C) and spray the basket with a little oil. (Use a kitchen brush if you don't have spray oil).
- Prepare the chicken breasts by cutting the chicken into 2-inch pieces. Marinate for 15 minutes with the soy sauce and black pepper in a shallow bowl.
- In a bowl put the breadcrumbs, a pinch of salt, black pepper and some chopped parsley, and mix well.
- Break the eggs into another bowl and beat them until combined.
- Then dip each chicken piece into the beaten egg, coating each piece of chicken completely.
- Roll the nuggets in the breadcrumb mixture, coating each side.
- Place the chicken bites in the basket of the air fryer, being careful not to overcrowd the basket.
- You may need to do this several times to make sure the chicken nuggets do not touch each other.
- Season the chicken bites with olive oil and cook them for 5 minutes at 400°F (200°C) in the air fryer.
- Give a good shake and cook for another 5 minutes.
Serve with your favorite sauce.
OVEN: Place a rack on a baking sheet and lay the chicken bites on the grill. Cook them for 14 to 16 minutes at 400°F, turning them halfway through cooking.
- Make sure your chicken bites are the same size: The key to getting perfectly cooked chicken nuggets in the air fryer is to make sure they are all cut about the same size. That way they will all cook at the same time and assures you best results.
- For super crispy cooking of these chicken bites make sure not to overcrowding the fryer basket. This will prevent air from circulating
- In this recipe we used a simple breading try adding spices such as curry, garlic powder or onion powder. /our bites will surprise us!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 520Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 231mgSodium: 1204mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 52g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Remove soy sauce and marinate chicken in vegetable oil salt and pepper.
In the bread crumbs add parmesan cheese to create the Italian version of these delicious chicken bites.
More air fryer recipes: