Air fryer baby carrots are a perfect quick side dish or a super healthy snack.
The whole family will love these delicious carrots, even the picky eaters, and cooking them in an air fryer makes them super quick and easy to prepare.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Complete List Of Ingredients: Air Fry Baby Carrots
In this recipe I used frozen carrots but fresh baby carrots are also fine.
Only the cooking time will change, fresh carrots will have a few minutes more cooking time (about 15-20 minutes).
You can use regular carrots too but I suggest you cut them into sticks instead of cooking whole carrots.
The flavor of garlic goes well with the sweetness of the carrots. You can use fresh garlic or garlic powder.
Parmesan cheese will make these air fry carrots uniquely crunchy.
To give a touch of freshness, I put it at the end of cooking.
Salt & black pepper
These will give flavor.
How To Cook Baby Carrots In Air Fryer
In a large mixing bowl combine the carrots with a little olive oil, garlic, salt and black pepper, and mix well so that all the carrots are coated.
Meanwhile, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees f.
Transfer the carrots to the air-fryer basket, being careful not to overlap them.
Cook for 12-15 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes.
- Always check the food while cooking. The cooking time of the air fryer may vary depending on the air fryer model and size.
- Place carrots in a single layer of the air fryer basket for the best results.
What Goes Well With Baby Carrots
This carrot air fryer is a simple side dish, which is matched with so many main dishes.
Storing And Reheating Leftovers
You can store these carrots in the refrigerator in a airtight container for up to 3 days.
To reheat them you can do it in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
I don’t recommend using a microwave, as you would lose the crispness of the carrots.
I love this version!
Mix carrots with some brown sugar, maple syrup and melted butter.
The carrots will be caramelized in a delicious way, the cooking time is the same, roughly 10/12 minutes, however, I recommend using parchment paper, whether you use the air fryer or the oven.
Seasoned Carrots in different ways
You can use different spice blends to season carrots.
An example which works well with these carrots is Italian seasoning.
Add more vegetables
You can combine other vegetables to make a delicious side dish of air fryer vegetables.
A winning pairing with carrots are sweet potatoes. You can cook them together, also great with brussels sprouts.
Give the finishing touches
This is an optional step, but I assure you it makes the carrots even tastier.
I recommend finishing with a squeeze of lemon juice or some balsamic vinegar glaze.
Baby carrots originated in the late 1980s in the USA. This is not a crossbreed, but a classic example of wise business management: turning a problem into an opportunity.
This farmer, Mr. Yurosek, had the problem of recovering excessive product waste.
So it was that he decided to shape and reshape the waste so that it would resemble small carrots that looked good and were practical for consumption.
Both regular carrots and baby carrots are a source of health benefits
Carrots: Health Benefits And Reasons To Eat Them More Often
- Thanks to vitamin A, they are an ally for eyesight.
- They are skin friendly and fight aging: rich in beta-carotene and vitamin C.
- Carrots, being rich in fiber, help keep our digestive system healthy.
- Rich in beta-carotene which promote tanning.
- It strengthens the immune system.
- Due to the high presence of minerals, carrots are an effective remineralizer and tonic.
It also has a purifying and refreshing effect on the body.
Air Fryer Baby Carrots Recipe
CONNECT WITH THE BELLA VITA!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Quick and easy to make with only a few simple ingredients, these perfectly crispy and delicious carrots are the perfect side dish to many of your favorite meals.
- 1 Bag of baby carrots (about 1 pound)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 Tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 Garlic (Crush)
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Black pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- In a medium-sized bowl put baby carrots.
- Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees F for 3 minutes.
- Add the spices, parmesan cheese and oil and mix well, so that all the carrots are coated.
- Cook at 380 degrees F for about 12 to 15 minutes, mixing every 5 minutes or so.
- Check the cooking and if needed cook the carrots a few minutes longer (depends on the size of the carrots).
- Serve hot with chopped parsley on top.
Oven roasted baby carrots
Cook in a preheated oven at 425 degrees F for about 18 to 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 321mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.