This air fryer cauliflower recipe has become my new favorite way to cook cauliflower. It’s quick to throw together but delivers big on flavor.
With the magic of air fryer cooking, you’ll experience an amazing texture and irresistible crispy edges.
The best part is that no boiling or steaming is required – just 15 minutes of cooking time in the air fryer.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
How To Cut Cauliflower
Remove the leaves: Start by removing the outer leaves of the cauliflower head.
You can either tear them off or use a knife to cut them away.
Separate the florets: Place the cauliflower on a cutting board, using a sharp knife, cut around the core just outside where the florets meet the stem.
At this point, cut off all the florets bit by bit.
Rinse the florets under running water and dry them with a kitchen towel.
How To Cook Cauliflower in the Air Fryer – Step by Step
Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for a few minutes.
Prepared all the ingredients. You will need one fresh cauliflower, oil, salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, feta, and chopped basil.
After cleaning the cauliflower, in a large bowl mix cauliflower florets well with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
Place the seasoned cauliflower florets in the air fryer basket, making sure they are arranged in a single layer.
Cook the cauliflower for about 12-15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
Smaller pieces may cook faster than larger ones.
Step 5 (Optional)
Crumble some feta cheese into a bowl and set aside.
Once the cauliflower has finished cooking, add the still-warm cauliflower to the bowl with the feta cheese.
Mix the cauliflower and feta cheese gently. Finally, stir in some chopped fresh parsley.
Tips for Perfect Air Fry Cauliflower Every Time
- Cut the florets to a consistent size so they cook evenly.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Check often towards the end of cooking. Because air fryers cook quickly, cauliflower can easily go from browned to burnt.
What to Serve with crispy cauliflower
Air fryer cauliflower makes a perfect side dish for many main dishes or healthy snacks.
For vegetarian meals, cauliflower is the perfect accompaniment to rice bowls and pasta dishes, or simply on its own.
You can serve it alongside your favorite homemade or store-bought sauces like ranch, buffalo, or tahini.
How To Store And Reheat
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
To reheat the cauliflower and maintain its crispy texture, pop it back into the air fryer for a few minutes until heated.
Alternatively, you can reheat it in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10 minutes.
Oil-Free Option: For a healthier alternative, skip the oil and season the cauliflower with your favorite spices.
The result will be lighter, but still delicious.
Breaded Cauliflower: If you’re craving a crispy and indulgent treat, you can bread the cauliflower florets before air frying them.
Dip each floret in beaten egg, then coat them in a mixture of breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning. Cook in the air fryer until golden brown.
Air fryer buffalo cauliflower: Cauliflower is cooked to crispy perfection and then tossed in a creamy, tangy buffalo sauce.
Seasoning blend: Make an Indian air fryer cauliflower version by tossing the cauliflower florets with garam masala, cumin, chili powder, and coriander before air frying.
For an Asian flavor, coat the cauliflower with a mixture of ginger, garlic, and soy sauce. Play around with your favorite seasonings.
crispy air fryer cauliflower recipe
CONNECT WITH THE BELLA VITA!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Feta cheese (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- In a bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder and chopped parsley .
- Place the seasoned cauliflower florets in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 15 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes.
- Check for doneness by inserting a fork into the florets; they should be tender with a slight bite.
- Remove from the air fryer and when are still hot mix in the crumbled feta and fresh parsley.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 321mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 7gSugar: 6gProtein: 7g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Are cauliflower leaves and stems edible?
Yes, cauliflower leaves and stems are edible. I love to add them to stir-fries or use them in soups and stews.
Can I use frozen cauliflower florets?
Yes, you can use frozen cauliflower florets in the air fryer. as frozen cauliflower typically requires a few minutes longer to cook through – no need to thaw them.
Should I boil the cauliflower florets before air-frying them?
No, there is no need to boil cauliflower florets before air frying them.
More favorite vegetables made in the air fryer:
The air fryer has become my go-to method for cooking vegetables, here are my favorites:
- Air fryer broccoli, tender-crunchy bites with a rich roasted taste.
- Air fryer brussels sprouts, roasted to caramelized perfection.
- Air fryer zucchini, a few simple ingredients give you a crave-worthy, veggie-licious snack.
- Air fryer mushrooms, earthy, meaty mushrooms air fried until crisp.
- Air fryer carrots, irresistibly crunchy.