Breaded zucchini sticks are quick, crispy and a delicious appetizer!
Breaded zucchini sticks are a tasty side dish that can be prepared in a few steps and with simple ingredients that you often already have at home.
There’s nothing more comforting and delicious than a dish like this.
An easy recipe that you will want to make over and over again.
These crispy breaded zucchini sticks have only one flaw – they finish quickly!
Zucchini: Everything You Need To Know
Zucchini, besides being good vegetables, are also good for your health.
Thanks to their properties, their consumption brings considerable benefits to our body.
Zucchini is among the lowest calorie vegetables in existence.
Moreover, zucchini are an important source of vitamin C and vitamin B9 whereas they also contribute with good levels of vitamin B6 and vitamin K.
It also has a good intake of calcium, magnesium, phosphor and potassium.
Zucchini: Health Benefits
Zucchini are perfect in low-calorie diets and can be consumed in quantity.
Below are a few of their benefits!
- Diuretics and allies of the diet
- Benefits for the heart thanks to the abundance of water and potassium
- Counteracts urinary tract infections
- Super digestible
- Relaxing and conducive to sleep
- Benefits for the skin
- They are natural antacids for the stomach
Their versatility makes them suitable for different preparations, and today I used them to prepare this delicious recipe of breaded zucchini sticks.
How To Choose And Buy Zucchini
When choosing zucchini, we must keep in mind: color, conformation and consistency.
It’s an easy trick, but one that allows us to always buy the best zucchini:
Color: It should be deep green and uniform, with no darker spots.
The ends of the zucchini should be brownish or light green, but not dark brown (a sign that the vegetable is rotting).
Conformation: zucchini should be of medium length. Some zucchini can be too large, although apparently interesting, have a too watery pulp and can therefore be bitter.
Consistency: the turgidity of the zucchini is a reference parameter for the freshness of the product.
To the touch it must be hard, but when cut it must yield without excessive force.
Do You Peel Zucchini To cook?
There’s no need to peel zucchini.
In fact, the skin is a big source of zucchini nutrition, so you definitely want to leave the skin on.
Breaded Zucchini Sticks: How To Prepare Step By Step
- Frittata Recipe With Zucchini & Fresh Tomatoes That you Will Love
- Spaghetti With Zucchini: A Simple Dish Full Of Taste
- Authentic Pasta With Zucchini, Bacon & Tomato Sauce: Italian Recipe
For a perfect result make sure they are well dried before breading them.
After cutting them into sticks, pat them dry with a bit of kitchen paper.
Delicious Sauce to Accompany The Breaded Zucchini Sticks
I love accompanying zucchini sticks with this sauce, making it is super easy.
We need mayonnaise, a little lemon juice and zest, minced garlic and black pepper and chopped up parsley.
Mix everything together and this delicious sauce is ready.
How Do You Cut Zucchini Sticks?
Oven: Another Cooking Method For Breaded Zucchini Sticks
Place the breaded zucchini sticks on baking paper, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and bake in a preheated oven at 200° for about 15/20 minutes until golden brown.
How Store Breaded Zucchini Sticks
My advice is to consume them immediately after cooking.
If you want to keep them I recommend storing them in the fridge in an airtight container uncooked.
You can also freeze them, and then cook them directly frozen in hot frying oil.
Breaded Zucchini Sticks - a delicious appetizer that is quick and easy to prepare!
- 3 Zucchini
- 2 Eggs
- 100g of Breadcrums
- 50g of Parmesan cheese
- A handful of parsley
- Salt & Pepper to flavor
- First, let's start by making the breadcrumbs. In a bowl, place the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, a pinch of salt and black pepper and combine the ingredients well with each other.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- Set aside the eggs and the breadcrumbs and move on to the zucchini.
- First wash the zucchini and remove the two ends.
- Cut zucchini in half vertically, then cut each half down the middle and of each half will make two or three sticks, depending on how big the zucchini is. (See video below).
- Place the zucchini sticks in paper towels to remove any excess water.
Breading the zucchini sticks:
- Dip each stick first in the egg and then in the breadcrumb mix, pressing to make the breading stick well.
- Place the zucchini sticks in a tray, make sure they do not touch each other.
- Heat plenty of oil in a high-sided frying pan and fry the zucchini until golden brown.
- Place the zucchini sticks on a tray covered with paper towels and serve immediately.
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C). Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick spray.
Arrange the zucchini fries in the basket in a single layer, making sure they aren’t touching.
Cook until golden brown and crispy, about 10 minutes.
If you want a more consistent breadcrumb coating, you can dip the zucchini in the egg again and then again in the breadcrumbs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 347mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 9g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.