This frittata recipe is one of the simplest and most classic dishes to cook.
Frittata is a mixture of eggs, with the possible addition of other ingredients, which is traditionally fried, but can also be baked.
It is a complete food, which complements a balanced diet with taste.
Frittata is an excellent dinner-saving dish which can be prepared even at the last minute.
It can be enriched with seasonal vegetables and flavored with cheese, pepper and aromatic herbs.
It can be served as a second course, as an appetizer, maybe cold and cubed for a buffet, or it can be tasted in a sandwich.
You can make it vegetarian or you can add meat.
The choice is yours!
Easy Frittata Recipe: A Delicious And Fast Dinner Idea
- Eggplant Parmesan Recipe: Easy Classical Recipe
- Spaghetti With Zucchini: A Simple Dish Full Of Taste
- Pasta Recipe With Fresh Tomatoes: A Quick And Tasty Meal
Tips On How To Make A Good Frittata
In order to obtain a perfect frittata, eggs must be beaten and not whipped.
It is necessary to mix them just enough to amalgamate the egg white and yolk.
Whipping the eggs for a long time will incorporate too much air.
Another tip I give is do not overdo it with the oil, but pour the right amount, and add the beaten eggs when it is very hot.
To find out if the oil has reached the right temperature, pour a little mixture in the pan and check if it fries.
Do not keep the omelette on the fire beyond the necessary time, otherwise it may dry out and lose flavor and softness.
How To Turn The Frittata Without Making Mistakes
This is one of the most envied skills in the kitchen, and if you get it wrong, you risk making a big mess!
To perfectly flip a frittata without doing any damage, follow the tips below:
- Always use a non-stick, well-greased frying pan.
In this way the frittata will not stick!
- Don’t be in a hurry!
The most important question you can ask yourself is how to know when to flip the frittata.
This haste can often lead to flipping it when it is not yet well cooked.
In general, wait until it is crispy underneath and already firm on top (help yourself by always cooking it with a lid) and only then flip it over!
Frittata In A Sandwich
A delicious way to eat the frittata, is to put it in bread.
This is the classic sandwich that my grandma used to make us for the Sunday outing – the most classic of frittata sandwiches.
What Is The Difference Between An Omelet And A Frittata?
Until the 1950’s frittata was always confused with an omelette.
However, there is a substantial difference which distinguishes the two recipes: the French preparation (omelette) does not include the step in which the mixture is turned during cooking.
In fact, it is simply served folded in two.
Another difference between the two is the thickness: an omelette is cooked in butter, whereas a frittata is cooked in olive oil.
The first one, moreover, is often lower than the second one and, among the ingredients, it does not have parmesan cheese.
Do You Add Milk To A Frittata?
In the original recipe there is no milk.
But if you want to make your frittata softer and puffier, add milk to the ingredients.
The proportion is two tablespoons of milk for every 4 eggs.
Another Cooking Method: Oven Frittata
If you want your frittata to be a bit lighter, then you can also cook it in the oven.
You can place a sheet of baking paper in a baking dish or use a non stick baking dish, pour over the prepared egg mixture and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 (depending on the thickness of the frittata).
The frittata is ready when you see that the egg mixture has completely firmed up.
How To Store Frittata?
You can store the frittata in the fridge for up to 1 day covered with plastic wrap, or inside an airtight container.
Ideas For Recipes To Make Frittata
Frittatas are great with vegetables and with cheeses, which you can put inside the dough and mix with eggs and everything else.
There are some vegetables or foods, however, that require a preliminary cooking: we are talking about all those ingredients with long cooking times, such as potatoes or sausage.
As for the tricks to flavor a frittata, you can use some herbs (parsley, basil, cilantro) some spring onion, spices as you like.
These combination of ingredients work well with any frittata:
- Potato frittata
- Spinach frittata
- Asparagus frittata
- Frittata of pasta
- Onion frittata
- Frittata with mushrooms
- Frittata with artichokes
- Frittata with ham and mozzarella cheese
- Frittata with pumpkin and onion
- Frittata with peppers and onion
But the thing I like most with this recipe is the possibility to play with imagination and flavors to create unique frittata.
Frittata Recipe With Zucchini And Fresh Tomato
Frittata recipe, is a delicious recipe where you can have fun with your imagination. In this recipe today we have added zucchini and some fresh tomato.
- 5 Eggs
- 50g of Parmesan cheese
- 2 Medium zucchini
- 1 Fresh tomato
- 1 Onion
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Start by cleaning an onion and cutting and slicing it.
- Remove the ends of the zucchini and wash them.
Slice the zucchini into thin rounds.
- In a large bottomed pan, pour in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the sliced onion and sauté for a couple of minutes to soften. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn up the heat, add the sliced zucchini and saute for a couple of minutes, stirring often.
- In a couple of minutes the zucchini will be soft. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and add salt, pepper and grated cheese.
- Add the zucchini and one fresh tomato, previously diced, to the eggs mix.
- Take a non-stick pan and pour in a tablespoon of olive oil. Grease both the bottom of the pan and the edges well. As soon as the pan is hot, add the eggs with the zucchini.
- Level the frittata with a spoon, lower the heat and let it cook with the lid on.
- After a couple of minutes, use a thin blade to pull the edge of the frittata away from the pan. Shake the pan by the handle to get the bottom to come off as well.
- When the omelette is cooked on one side (about 4-5 minutes), take a large plate (it should be slightly larger than the pan you are using) and place it on top of the pan, and with a quick motion flip the frittata over.
- Slide the frittata back into the pan, add another tablespoon of oil if needed.
- Let the other side of the omelet cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Again with the help of a plate, with a quick movement flip the frittata in the plate.
Let the frittata rest for a couple of minutes before serving it.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 243mgSodium: 465mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 13g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Rebecca - Glutarama
Thursday 17th of February 2022
What a great way to use up lots of vegetables - thank you for linking up to this weeks #CookBlogShare hosted by Glutarama.
The Bella Vita
Friday 18th of February 2022
The great thing about frittata is that you can use any vegetables you want, it's an empty fridge recipe for me.