Pasta with fresh tomatoes – a quick and delicious recipe that will always save the day.
Do you want to prepare a simple and tasty first course, in a short time, with few ingredients that is suitable for the whole family?
If yes, then this quick pasta is just for you.
Cherry tomatoes are a staple ingredient in Italian culture.
They are cheap, versatile and add some amazing flavors to most dishes.
And this pasta recipe is no different.
Pasta with fresh cherry tomatoes is a tasty recipe for a classic Italian pasta dish, very simple and also quite fast to make.
Homemade Pasta With Fresh Tomatoes Recipe
I often prepare pasta with fresh cherry tomatoes (both in summer and winter), because in its simplicity it is a very tasty first course, and it is made with few ingredients.
Let’s find out together how best to prepare this classic recipe!
Ingredients Needed for Fresh Tomato Pasta
These are the main ingredients you need for this recipe.
For the step-by-step directions and measurements, scroll down to our printable recipe card.
- Pasta to your liking (I use spaghetti)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes
- Basil leaves
- Salt & pepper
- Parmesan cheese
How to make this pasta with fresh tomatoes
First boil some water in a pot.
In a large frying pan, heat the oil with the clove of garlic.
In the meantime, wash the cherry tomatoes, cut them in half and, when the garlic is golden brown, add them to the pan, tossing them over high heat.
Add a generous pinch of salt, the basil leaves and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile when the water boils, salt it and cook the pasta.
When the pasta is al dente, drain it and toss the spaghetti in the pan for 1-2 minutes and serve piping hot.
This pasta with tomato sauce is ready to be enjoyed: we can season it to taste with a sprinkling of grated parmesan or flaked pecorino romano cheese.
If decide to enjoy it au natural, add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil raw and garnish to taste with a few leaves of fresh basil.
What Type of Pasta to Use
To make this flavorful and perfect pasta with fresh cherry tomatoes, we give you a few tips starting with the pasta format.
Certainly spaghetti is a delight, but you want to put a nice pennetta or maccherone that manages to collect all the fresh sauce.
To prepare this pasta with fresh tomatoes you can use the pasta you like best.
The choice depends only on your taste.
Spaghetti, linguine, macaroni, penne are all suitable for this simple, but tasty condiment.
Pasta With Fresh Tomatoes: Which Tomatoes Choose
There are many tomatoes on the market, but for this dish the most suitable are the datterini, with their classic elongated shape, thicker skin and very sweet flavor.
Another type of tomato perfect for this recipe is the ciliegino, small and round, with a thinner skin than the datterino and a more savory pulp.
Also sungold tomato works well for this recipe, thanks to sugary-sweet flavour.
To make tasty variations of spaghetti with fresh cherry tomatoes all you have to do is add your favorite ingredients, such as roasted zucchini, olives or tuna.
But let’s take a look at other succulent versions of pasta with cherry tomatoes.
- Cherry tomatoes and olives.
- Tuna pasta with fresh tomatoes.
- Cherry tomatoes and zucchini.
This pasta is also excellent cold.
If so, boil it as usual, drain it when al dente, arrange it on a very large plate, season it with a drizzle of oil, stir it and let it cool evenly.
Then place it in a bowl, add the dressing, stir and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
Great the next day, too!
How to serve:
In Italy, pasta is a main course.
If you like other delicious pasta recipes, then check out these!
- Pasta With Potatoes & Bacon: Quick Italian Recipe
- Authentic Pasta With Zucchini, Bacon & Tomato Sauce: Italian Recipe
- Pasta Alla Gricia Recipe: Autenthic Pasta From Rome With Love
- Chicken Scampi Without Wine
- Instant Pot Taco Macaroni
Frequently Asked Questions
How to store leftovers:
You can store it in the refrigerator for two days.
To reheat I recommend making it in a pan, adding a tiny bit of oil.
Do you have to peel tomatoes for pasta sauce?
It depends on taste. I sincerely prefer not to.
- Always cook the pasta al dente, drain it a few minutes before the time it says on the package.
- Do not overcook the tomato, as the sauce should retain a fresh flavor.
- If the tomato is too sour just add a pinch of sugar.
CONNECT WITH THE BELLA VITA!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 400g of Pasta to your liking
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Clove of garlic
- 500g Cherry tomatoes
- 5 Basil leaves
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- First, heat the water needed to cook the pasta in a pot.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes removing the stem, wash and dry them, then cut in half.
- Pour the extra-virgin olive oil into a high-sided non-stick frying pan and scent the oil with the garlic, divided in half, from which you have removed the inner soul.
- When the garlic begins to crisp up, take care not to burn it, add the chopped cherry tomatoes to the pan and, over high heat, add half glass of water and sauté them for a 5 minutes.
- Flavor the cherry tomatoes with some fresh basil leaves, broken up by hand, adjust with a pinch of salt and pepper, and turn off the flame.
- Once the pasta has been cooked, drain it directly into the pan with the sauce. Stir, allow the pasta to take on flavor and mix well with the sauce.
- Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and parmesan cheese.
In the meantime the water for the pasta will be boiling, salt it lightly and boil the type of pasta you prefer and cook it al dente.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 7g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.