Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries are a healthier alternative to regular french fries.
By cooking them in an air fryer, you’ll get crispy fries that rival the deep-fried version, but with much less oil.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Why You Will Love Sweet Potato Fries In The Air Fryer
You will love this recipe, and I’ll tell you why!
Healthier Choice: By using an air fryer, you can enjoy the indulgence of fries with fewer calories and less fat.
Sweet potatoes are also a nutritious choice, packed with vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants.
Super easy to make: Very few steps to do to prepare sweet potatoes in the air fryer, and the great thing is that you will make very little mess in your kitchen.
Amazing Texture: Perfect balance of a crispy exterior and soft, fluffy interior.
Kid-Friendly: Even the pickiest of eaters can’t resist sweet potato fries fresh from the air fryer.
They’re an easy way to sneak more veggies into meals.
Versatility: Sweet potato fries are incredibly handy for everything from appetizers to quick side dishes.
The air fryer makes them an easy dish to whip up, anytime.
These are the main ingredients you need for this sweet potato fries recipe.
For step-by-step directions and measurements, scroll down to our printable recipe card.
Frozen sweet potatoes: Choose your favorite brand.
Olive oil: I used olive oil spray. Other kinds of oil such as avocado oil are also good.
Spices: When it comes to seasoning, the options are endless.
For this recipe, I went with the simple salt and pepper, but below are plenty of ideas for seasoning your sweet potatoes.
How To Make These Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
Preheat the air fryer for a few minutes at 375°F(190°C).
Place the frozen fries inside the air fryer as soon as you have taken them out of the freezer.
Spray some oil and toss.
Cook the frozen fries for about 16 minutes.
Shake the basket 2-3 times during cooking.
When they are ready, transfer them to a mixing bowl and season to taste with your favorite spices.
Note: For frozen crinkle cut fries, cubes or waffle fries, add 2-3 extra minutes to the cooking time.
Tip For Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Preheat the air fryer.
- Season after cooking while they are still hot, this way the seasoning sticks better to the fries.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket, give your fries room to breathe in the basket for maximum crispiness.
- Regular Shaking, this ensures even cooking and crispiness.
Variations – Seasoning Ideas
When it comes to seasoning frozen sweet potatoes, there are numerous options to enhance their flavor.
Here are some of my favorite seasonings to try:
- A classic powder such as garlic powder, onion powder, or black pepper.
- A spicy touch with chili powder, cayenne, or smoked paprika.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, and a sprinkle of brown sugar, a combination that is perfect with sweet potatoes, believe me!
- Chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano if you like tex-mex style.
- Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic salt – Italian seasoning style.
- Ranch seasoning – tastes like the dip!
- BBQ seasoning: Coat the fries in a barbecue seasoning blend for a smoky and tangy flavor.
- Combine chili powder, lime zest, and a squeeze of lime juice for a zesty and tangy flavor profile that pairs well with sweet potatoes.
What to serve with air fryer sweet potatoes
One thing I love most about these sweet potatoes is its versatility. They are perfect as a side dish but also on their own.
You can have a quick lunch or dinner in less than 30 minutes.
Fish makes for a light meal choice when served with sweet potato fries.
Baked salmon, tilapia or cod are delicious alongside a squeeze of lemon or salsa verde sauce.
Or for a game night I love to serve them with these pizza rolls air fryer, some mozzarella sticks and air fryer onion rings, paired with a range of dipping sauces such as chipotle mayo, honey mustard, garlic aioli or bbq sauce.
Store leftover fries in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat leftover sweet potato fries at 350°F in the air fryer for 3-5 minutes until warmed through.
What Should I Do If The Fries Aren’t Crispy?
Increase the temperature of the air fryer for the last three minutes of cooking time.
Do You Need To Preheat The Air Fryer When Making Frozen Fries?
Yes, I always preheat it.
Preheat the air fryer to ensure even cooking.
Preheating circulates very hot air in the fryer, so once the food is inserted, it will immediately begin to cook, the moisture will be removed from the surface of the food to give it that finish as in oil frying and that crispness to the palate.
Why Are My Frozen Sweet Potato Fries Soggy In The Air Fryer?
Soggy fries are usually a result of overcrowding the air fryer basket. Make sure to spread the fries in a single layer to allow proper airflow.
Do I need to thaw or defrost frozen sweet potato cubes before air frying?
No, you can cook frozen sweet potato cubes directly in the air fryer. Thawing is not necessary, as the air fryer’s high heat will cook them perfectly.
Is sweet potato fries healthier than regular fries?
Yes, sweet potato fries are generally considered a healthier option than regular fries.
They are lower in calories, higher in fiber, and packed with beneficial nutrients.
Are sweet potato fries keto?
Sweet potato fries are not typically considered keto-friendly due to their higher carbohydrate content.
They can be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet but may not align with strict keto guidelines.
How to make fresh sweet potatoes in the air fryer?
To make fresh sweet potatoes in the air fryer, peel and cut them into fries or cubes.
Toss them in olive oil, and air fry at 400°F (200°C) for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy and cooked through.
Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
CONNECT WITH THE BELLA VITA!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 15 oz. Frozen sweet potato fries
- Spray oil or one tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt & black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F(190°C) for 3 minutes.
Prepare the basket of the air fryer by spraying some oil or brush on some oil with the help of a kitchen brush.
- Put the still-frozen potatoes in the air fryer, being careful not to overload the basket.
- Cook sweet potatoes in the air fryer for 8 minutes. Stir well and then continue cooking for another 8 minutes at 375°F (190°C).
- Using tongs, transfer the potatoes to a bowl and season with salt. I added some chopped parsley and black pepper in mine.
- Serve them with your favorite sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 712Total Fat: 56gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 700mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 7gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes: