Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries. A very delicious and easy to make recipe!
Spicy, crispy and very tasty, cooked in the air fryer, they will make the perfect snack or side dish.
Why Make Sweet Potato Fries In The Air Fryer
You will love this recipe, and I’ll tell you why, too.
- Super easy to make: very few steps to do to prepare these frozen sweet potatoes in the air fryer, and the great thing is that you will make very little mess in your kitchen.
- Loved by the whole family: the whole family will love these sweet potatoes, paired with your favorite sauce.
- A healthy snack: sweet potatoes are rich in substances beneficial to our bodies that give them several properties.
Plus by preparing them in the air fryer we are going to use very little oil, but really very little, so a plus point for these delicious sweet potatoes in the air fryer.
Cooking in the air fryer is much healthier and faster than frying.
- Perfect to serve as a side dish: these sweet potatoes are perfect to serve with your favorite main dish.
I find that these fries go perfectly with these delicious crispy chicken cutlets, maple dijon chicken or this pizza rolls air fryer.
Ingredients You Need To Prepare Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
These are the main ingredients you need for this potato salad recipe.
For the step-by-step directions and measurements, scroll down to our printable recipe card.
- Frozen sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Your favorite spices
How To Make These Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
It is important that frozen fries go from a very cold environment, such as the freezer, to a very hot one.
In fact, it is the heat shock that allows them to become super crispy.
That’s why I recommend preheating your air fryer for a few minutes at 375°F(190°C).
Place the frozen fries inside the air fryer as soon as you have taken them out of the freezer.
It is important that they do not begin to thaw.
Set your air fryer to 375°F(190°C) and cook the frozen fries for about 16 minutes.
Shake the basket 2-3 times during cooking.
If you want to get a good result, you should never overfill it. Overfilled baskets do not allow the hot air to circulate freely inside the appliance.
When they are ready, transfer them to a bowl and season to taste with your favorite spices.
Do I Need Coat The Air Fryer Basket With Oil?
For crispier fries, we recommend lightly spraying the cooking basket with cooking spray oil or rubbing a teaspoon of oil using a kitchen brush .
What Should I Do If The Fries Aren’t Crispy?
Increase the temperature of the air fryer for the last three minutes of cooking time.
You can store sweet potatoes in a container for up to two days.
Reheat in the air fryer to get them crispy again
How To Reheat Sweet Potatoes In The Air Fryer?
If you are left with chips, although I see it difficult, you can heat them in the air fryer at 350°F degrees for about 3 minutes.
What Do You Serve With Frozen Sweet Potato Fries?
These Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries are perfect as a side dish for this patty melt recipe, but also a fantastic and quick snack to go with a homemade cocktail.
What Type Of Dipping Sauce Pairs Well With Sweet Potato Fries?
For my sweet potato fries in the air fryer, I made a mayonnaise with sweet spicy sauce and basil.
Serve them with the sauce you like best.
Tip For Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Do not overcrowd the basket.
- Spray a light amount of olive oil cooking spray in the basket before adding the frozen chips.
Adjust the cooking time according to the thickness of the chips.
- I recommend seasoning the fries only at the end of cooking, you can use pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, or chopped parsley in addition to the classic salt.
The spices should be inserted into the basket at the end of cooking, just shake and let it go for just one more minute.
Can You Air Fry Frozen Sweet Potato Fries?
and the result is very good.
You’ll get sweet potatoes that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Do You Need To Preheat The Air Fryer When Making Frozen Fries?
Yes, I always preheat it.
Preheat the air fryer to ensure even cooking.
Preheating circulates very hot air in the fryer, so once the food is inserted, it will immediately begin to cook, the moisture will be removed from the surface of the food to give it that finish as in oil frying and that crispness to the palate.
What Temperature Do You Cook Frozen Fries In An Air Fryer?
375°F(190°C) Is the perfect temperature for cooking sweet potatoes in the fryer.
How Long To Air Fry Frozen Sweet Potato Fries?
Cook for about 16 minutes. Shake halfway through cooking.
Depending on the air fryer, the actual cooking time may vary, so I recommend you check the cooking, and if there is a need let them cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer.
Are Sweet Potato Fries Healthy?
Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries are a great healthier option, especially when cooked in the air fryer.
Sweet potatoes have excellent healthy properties; they are:
- rich in minerals and vitamins
- rich in fiber
- have a lower glycemic index than ordinary potatoes
- the skin reduces cholesterol and triglycerides
How To Make Fresh Sweet Potatoes In The Air Fryer
Slice your sweet potato into pinky-sized sticks, try to keep the size fairly consistent.
Place the potato slices in a mixing bowl, along with the oil.
Transfer the potato mixture to the air fryer and cook until tender and crisp for about 20 minutes. Shake the basket a few times to rearrange the fries, and use tongs to turn them over.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Onion Rings Recipe: Homemade And Super Crispy
- Air Fryer Breaded Mushrooms: A Delicious Way to Cook Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges Recipe: Crunchiness is Guaranteed!
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts Easy Recipe That You’ll Love
CONNECT WITH THE BELLA VITA!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
These sweet potato fries are simply delish!
- 15 oz. Frozen sweet potato fries
- Spray oil or one tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt & black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F(190°C) for 3 minutes.
Prepare the basket of the air fryer by spraying some oil or brush on some oil with the help of a kitchen brush.
- Put the still-frozen potatoes in the air fryer, being careful not to overload the basket.
- Cook sweet potatoes in the air fryer for 8 minutes. Stir well and then continue cooking for another 8 minutes at 375°F (190°C).
- Using tongs, transfer the potatoes to a bowl and season with salt. I added some chopped parsley and black pepper in mine. Serve them with your favorite sauce.
How To Make Fresh Sweet Potatoes In The Air Fryer
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 712Total Fat: 56gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 700mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 7gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.