Cabbage stir fry with garlic, ginger and soy sauce – an asian inspired dish that I love so much.
This recipe a side dish that is easy and quick to prepare, but above all, it is very tasty!
The addition of ginger and soy sauce gives to this vegetable a slightly spicy flavor.
Let’s Talk About Cabbage…
Color: There are two types, a green one and a red one, so called because of the purple leaves. Characteristics: Very compact and closed, with hard and crunchy leaves. Flavor: Sweeter.
Cabbage is a healthy and very tasty food that in the last years has been rediscovered thanks to the incursions of ethnic tastes in our kitchens.
It is a member of the cruciferous family and is considered a “superfood”.
It possesses anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
And also improves the immune system.
Cabbage should be an integral part of our daily diet.
Amazing Properties Of Cabbage:
- Natural anti-inflammatory
- Heart friend
- Excellent for those who want to lose weight
- Antioxidant properties
- Perfect for purifying the body
The properties of cabbage are numerous, and it is certainly known to be very good for the bowel.
It helps, in fact, digestion because it is very rich in fiber and water.
Moreover it is an excellent source of vitamin C, fundamental for keeping the immune system strong, and it is known to be a food to be included in a diet rich in antioxidants
It’s also a good source of vitamin B that boost energy, helping you overcome fatigue.
Don’t forget, too, that this vegetable can be useful for keeping your bones healthy, which benefit from the good supply of calcium provided by cabbage.
How To Select Cabbage?
Touch the outside of the cabbage and make sure it is firm to the touch.
If you touch a cabbage and it feels soft or spongy instead of firm and compact, it may be rotten on the inside.
Only pick up ones that are firm to the touch.
Check the leaves!
How To Store Cabbage
In the fridge: Cabbage can be stored in the refrigerator, in the vegetable compartment, for 5-6 days.
In the freezer: To store cabbage in the freezer, it is best to pre-cook it.
Wash thoroughly under running water, steam for about 3 minutes.
Cool in water and ice to stop cooking, drain, pat dry and allow to cool completely before freezing.
Cabbage Stir Fry In Less Than 10 Minutes
What Ingredients Are In This Cabbage Stir Fry?
Cabagge: the main ingredient in this dish.
Garlic: It gives a powerful, pungent flavor to the dish.
Garlic should never be missing in stir fried dishes.
Ginger: Gives the dish a unique flavor with a spicy hint.
Soy Sauce: The base sauce for this dish.
Be sure to use a low-sodium soy sauce so you can control the salinity level.
Check out these recipes too:
- Chinese Dumplings – Super Easy Recipe You’ll Want To Make Right Now
- Spring Rolls! Authentic Vegetarian Thai Spring Rolls Recipe You’ll Love
- Rice Porridge Recipe With Flavorful Pork Meatballs That You’ll Want To Try
- Asian Recipes: The Best Recipes You Have Been Looking For
Cabbage stir fry with garlic, ginger and soy sauce is a perfect side dish full of flavor.
- Half White Cabbage
- 3 Garlic gloves
- 4 Tablespoons of soy sauce
- A piece of ginger
- Salt & Black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- Wash the cabbage, place it on a cutting board and using a sharp knife, cut it into small strips. (Below I I explain how to cut it)
- After cutting up the gabbage, finely chop the garlic and ginger.
- In a high-sided skillet, add the olive oil.
As soon as it is hot, add the chopped garlic and ginger.
- Let the garlic and ginger sauté for about 3 minutes over medium heat.
- At this point, add the cabbage, two tablespoons of soy sauce, a pinch of salt and black pepper, and cook over medium heat until softened. (About 5/7 minutes)
- When the cabbage is soft, or cooked to your taste, add the remaining two tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Turn up the heat and saute for a few minutes, so that the cabbage takes on flavor and is slightly "caramelized" with the soy sauce.
Our cabbage stir fry is ready
if you like, you can add some carots too.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 50Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1024mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
How Long Cabbage Stir Fry Will it Last in the Fridge?
Cover and seal the cabbage or use an airtight container.
You can keep it in the fridge for 2-3 days.
How Shoud You Cut Cabbage?
Let’s start by removing all the external leaves from the cabbage, then pass it under running water in order to remove any dirt that may be present on the outside.
Then remove the stem and divide in two.
From each half, completely remove the core by incising the cabbage.
The next step is to cut the cabbage in half again, so as to make four parts.
Cut each part into strips and place them in a bowl as they are cut.
The width of the strips depends on the use we are going to make of the cabbage: if we are going to prepare it stir fry, we will need very thin strips, whereas if we want to prepare a soup, we will need thicker strips.