If you are looking for a basic chocolate cake to use as the base of a cake, then this recipe is for you!
What makes a chocolate cake base unique?
You just need a bowl and minimal ingredients to make this perfect, basic chocolate cake base.
Rich in chocolate flavor with the perfect amount of sweetness.
This is what chocolate dreams are made of!
The taste of chocolate exudes on this cake base even though it is made only with cocoa powder.
This quick and easy basic chocolate cake base recipe has become my all-time favorite over the years, and is the basic recipe for many of my other favorite cake recipes.
And have I mentioned how easy it is to make?
Super Easy Chocolate Cake Base Recipe
The beauty about being able to make a really delicious cake base is that you can then use it as a starting point when creating any wonderful cakes.
Get crazy with your creativity and design some amazing desserts using this base.
Right, let’s get to the recipe itself!
Below you will find all the steps to prepare this magnificent chocolate cake base.
- Banana Muffins: Super Fast & Delicious Recipe
- Authentic Italian Dessert Recipes: 20 Of The Best Italian Desserts!
- Authentic Italian Tiramisù Recipe! Simple, Delicious & Classic
- 15 Of The Best Italian Breakfast Recipes You Need To Try
Super Delicious Basic Chocolate Cake Base
Perfect for birthdays, this is an infallible and very easy to prepare chocolate cake base recipe.
- 150g of Cake flour
- 150ml of Milk
- 40g of Cocoa powder
- 80g of Butter
- 16g of Baking powder
- 3 Eggs
- 150g of Caster sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease a 22cm round baking tray with butter.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, and put aside. It's important that the butter's warm when we use it in the next few minutes.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder all together in a bowl.
- Whip the eggs together with the caster sugar, until you reach a clear, frothy mixture in a separate bowl.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract in your mix from step #5.
- Add the flour, cocoa and yeast to the above mixture, which was previously sieved.
- And finally, add the butter and continue mixing.
- Pour the mix into the cake pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden skewer in the middle is clean.
- Let it cool down completely before stuffing with the cream of your choice.
USE INGREDIENTS AT ROOM TEMPERATURE, ESPECIALLY EGGS.
Eggs at room temperature are softer and emulsify better in the batter, which also helps the cake to rise properly. One trick to quickly bring the eggs to room temperature is to run warm water on them for a minute.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 417mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 7g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Add Mascarpone Cream To Make It Perfect!
I love making this cake base and I like to make it perfect with this mascarpone cream.
Chocolate and mascarpone go perfectly together!
What we need for the mascarpone cream:
- 500g Mascarpone cheese
- 40ml Coffee
- 4 Tablespoons of icing sugar
- 250ml Fresh cream
By hands, with a whisk, soften the mascarpone with icing sugar and add the coffee to the mixture.
In a separate bowl whip the fresh cream. Mix the cream with the mascarpone with a spatula. Fold it in slowly.
And your cream is ready!