Pasta with broccoli is an easy to prepare, tasty and vegetarian main course.
The secret to creating a super delicious pasta with broccoli is all in the cooking of the broccoli florets.
Boil them in the same water that you will use to cook the pasta, and cook them until tender.
Then reduce half of them into a cream: in this way, when you are going to mix the pasta, you will create a green and tasty cream, which no one can resist!
Why This Recipe Is The Best
First of all, it’s a super tasty dish, and it only takes 5 ingredients to prepare.
Quick to prepare: Suitable for a quick lunch or dinner.
Super yummy: Broccoli, garlic, and parmesan cheese are meant to be together.
A healthy dish: Broccoli is considered a super food. Below I explain all the benefits of broccoli.
What Goes In The Pasta With Broccoli
Broccoli: The star of this tasty recipe.
When you buy broccoli, make sure it has a dark green color and is firm to the touch. These are the characteristics of fresh broccoli.
If you see that the green of the broccoli tends to yellow, it means that you are in the presence of a product that is no longer fresh.
You can also use frozen broccoli in this recipe.
Pasta: I used tagliatelle for this recipe, but you can use any type of pasta you prefer.
Garlic: I love cooking with garlic, as it gives a unique and healthy flavor to dishes.
Extra virgin olive oil: It is always good to use the extra virgin olive oil.
Parmesan cheese : Parmesan cheese with broccoli is a great combination. We’ll use it to make the broccoli cream super tasty.
Red chilli pepper (optional): The chilli is optional. If you love that hint of spice then I recommend using it. If you do not like spicy flavors, you can leave it out.
How To Make This Easy Pasta With Broccoli
It is really easy to make this recipe.
At first we should boil the broccoli, and then cook them over low heat in a pan with the garlic, which we have browned previously.
The secret of this dish is its creaminess.
We will blend half of the broccoli with some parmesan cheese and half a glass of cooking water.
We then combine everything with the pasta.
Looking for more recipes to make with broccoli?
Try these delicious broccoli fritters, you won’t regret it!
Recipe Notes & Tips:
- Don’t overcook the pasta, as there’s nothing worse than mushy pasta.
- Reserve some of the pasta water before draining, as this will help to bring everything together.
- If you like a little spice, add some crushed red pepper flakes.
What Goes Well With Broccoli?
This recipe is already super delicious on its own, but if you want to make it even more flavorful, then you can add some bacon or sausage, which you will brown with garlic before adding the boiled broccoli.
A Sicilian secret is to add anchovies when you brown the garlic in the pan.
Is Broccoli A Superfood?
Yes, broccoli is known to be a hearty and tasty vegetable, packed with dozens of nutrients.
Broccoli is a great source of vitamins K and C, a good source of folate and also provides potassium.
Vitamin K – essential for the functioning of many proteins involved in blood clotting.
Vitamin C – builds collagen, which forms body tissue and bone, and helps heal cuts and wounds.
Potassium – a mineral and electrolyte that is essential for nerve function and heart contraction.
Folate – is needed for the production and maintenance of new cells in the body.
Pasta With Broccoli: Super Creamy Recipe
More Recipe You May Like:
- Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries: Easy Recipe
- Italian Potato Salad With Green Beans & Red Onions Recipe
- Air Fryer Onion Rings Recipe: Homemade And Super Crispy
- +250 Best Things To Do In Italy: Region By Region
- Authentic Bolognese Sauce: Grandma’s Recipe For Ragù Bolognese ￼
A delicious and easy recipe for pasta with broccoli!
- 1 or 2 Heads of broccoli (depending on size)
- 250g Pasta (I used Tagliatelle) (2 1/2 cup)
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Red chilli pepper (optional)
- 20g Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)
- With a small knife, remove the leathery lower part of the stalk and divide into florets of the same size.
- Wash the broccoli under cold running water to remove impurities; Boil a pot of lightly salted water and cook the broccoli for 10 minutes.*
- Meanwhile, cut the garlic into rounds and brown it in a pan with extra virgin olive oil. Add chilli pepper if you like.
- When the broccoli has softened, transfer it to the pan with the garlic.
- Let the broccoli cook on low heat for about 10 minutes. Break apart the broccoli with a spatula into tiny pieces. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In the same pot where we cooked the broccoli, we cook the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, blend half of the broccoli and add parmesan cheese and 1 or 2 tablespoons of cooking water to smooth out the mixture.
- Drain the pasta slightly al dente and transfer it to the pan with the broccoli. Remember to save half a cup of pasta cooking water.
- Toss the pasta with the broccoli and add the broccoli cream that you prepared earlier and half a cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Mix well, and serve hot.
- * In the same water in which you cooked the broccoli, cook the pasta.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 562Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 337mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 15gSugar: 7gProtein: 20g
I recommend eating the broccoli pasta as soon as it is prepared!
If it leftovers, you can keep it in the refrigerator for a day in an airtight container.
I don’t recommend freezing it.
Can you fry broccoli without boiling?
Quickly boiling it in boiling water helps to give it a more tender and crispy texture and bring out its flavor.
How Long Does Broccoli Take To Boil?
In a normal boiling in boiling water
When the water boils, pour in the broccoli and a little coarse salt. Then cover the pot with a lid to bring it back to a boil faster.
Cook 10 minutes, the tops of the broccoli should remain intact.