Creamy broccoli soup is prepared by dicing vegetables and boiling them together with broccoli, halfway through cooking everything will be seasoned and once ready all ingredients will be passed through a blender to get a creamy mixture that will be served topped with sour cream.
A really easy to prepare but super delicious recipe.
Creamy Broccoli Soup
More delicious dinner ideas:
- Simple Lentil Soup Recipe That Will Warm Your Heart & Your Soul
- 15 Genuine Italian Soups That’ll Warm You Up
- Pasta With Potatoes & Bacon: Quick Italian Recipe
For a weekly winter dinner once you get home from work, whip up this delicious and simple creamy broccoli soup: it requires just a few ingredients for a warm, creamy and healthy dish.
- 500g of Broccoli
- 3 Potatoes
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 500ml of Vegetable broth
- Salt & pepper as needed
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 100g Parmesan cheese
- Remove the stems from the broccoli, divide them into florets and wash them.
- Dice the onion & carrot into rounds and potatoes into cubes, and set aside.
- Wilt the chopped onion and carrot in oil in a large saucepan.
Add the broccoli and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the cut potato and cook for a few minutes.
- Now cover with the vegetable stock and season with salt and pepper and cook for about 30 minutes. (Remember to set aside some broccoli florets that you will need to garnish the dish).
- After the 30 minutes have passed, check to see if all the vegetables have softened and at this point puree the vegetables with an immersion blender.
- Keep the creamy soup on the stove for a few minutes adding the grated Parmesan cheese and, if you prefer, a little pepper.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and some croutons.
To give a touch of crunch to your broccoli soup, pan-fry some bacon and then add it to the dish at the end of preparation!
- If you want to give an aromatic touch to your broccoli soup, you can also add some thyme, chili pepper or ginger.
This creamy broccoli soup is made in 30 minutes, just enough time to cook the broccoli and blend it all together.
When we say that the simplest recipes are the best, we mean it.
This broccoli cream soup recipe certainly proves that!
How To Store Your Creamy Broccoli Soup
You can store the broccoli velouté in the fridge for 2 days in an airtight container.
If you used fresh ingredients, you can also freeze it and use it as needed.
Besides being delicious, broccoli cream is also good for your health!
Broccoli are vegetables rich in mineral salts (calcium, iron, phosphor and potassium), vitamins (C, B1 and B2) and dietary fiber.
They belong to the family of cruciferous vegetables and are typical of winter season.
From the Mediterranean area of origin (Greece, Turkey, Syria, Cyprus Island) they have spread all over the world.
The very few calories (27 per 100 gr.) make broccoli highly recommended (and consumed) in low-calorie diets.
Let’s see all their beneficial properties and benefits.
- Valuable reserve of vitamins and minerals
- Promote healthy digestion and intestinal regularity
- Help heart health
- Fortify the bones
- Good for eyesight
- Help prevent cancer
- Keeps blood sugar at bay
- Support brain function and slow mental decline
Broccoli: Did You Know That….
- In the United States, broccoli experienced a commercial growth around the 1920s.
- If you want to get rid of the smell of broccoli while cooking, you can add a slice of bread to the pot.
- California produces almost all of the broccoli consumed in the United States.
- Although it is available year-round, this vegetable is most nutritious in the winter period that runs from January to April.
- Broccoli was imported to America by Thomas Jefferson who, in 1767, imported the seeds from Italy and sowed them in his garden.