Lasagna recipe is the first course to which nobody can say no.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Lasagna Recipe Without Ricotta Cheese – Ultimate Comfort Food
Lasagna is a great classic of Italian cuisine, a dish known throughout the world.
This is the classic recipe for preparing lasagna alla Bolognese without ricotta cheese or cottage cheese.
In addition to being inspired by the classic Bolognese, this is the recipe that has always been eaten at my house.
It is so good that I always prepare a lot of it, and then freeze it and cook it when I want something special.
Lasagna Recipe Ingredients
Bolognese sauce is a thick, meat-based red sauce that originated in Bologna, Italy.
It is typically made with ground beef, pancetta or italian sausage carrots, celery, yellow onions, tomatoes puree, and red wine. Is the main ingredient for this lasagna.
The secret is to let it cook on low heat for hours. In my bolognese I add some fresh basil too.
To prepare classic lasagna, it is one of the must-have ingredients. It is very easy to prepare this white sauce as just a few ingredients are needed.
It will help make s super creamy homemade lasagna.
Egg pasta in lasagne shape
The base of lasagna is egg pasta.
No need to boil lasagna noodles if you use the dry one, cook the lasagna normally.
If, on the other hand, you have a passion for fresh pasta, you can make it at home or you can find ready-made egg pasta.
Mozzarella cheese – Parmesan cheese
These are the only two cheeses we are going to use in this lasagna.
It is one of mom’s secrets for getting that delicious crust on top of lasagna
How to Make traditional lasagna – Step-by-Step Directions
Prepare the bolognese (can be prepared in advance).
In a high-sided saucepan begin by sautéing the soffritto for about 10 minutes on low heat.
When it is ready you can add the ground meat, let it cook and then deglaze with red wine.
When the wine has evaporated you can add tomato sauce and cup of water or broth.
Let it cook for a couple of hours minimum, stirring occasionally and add broth if you see it drying out.
Prepare the bechamel sauce.
A very quick way to prepare it is in the microwave; it will only take a few minutes.
Butter the baking pan with butter so you don’t risk i sticking, then start with a layer of bolognese, top with layers of lasagna noodles, add mozzarella, parmesan and béchamel, and top with bolognese.
Continue in this way until you have finished the entire baking sheet.
In the final layer mix the bolognese with the béchamel sauce and cover the pasta layer.
Preheat the oven to 356 degrees F .
Before baking the lasagna, add butter flakes on top of the lasagna. Cook the first 20-30 minutes with aluminum foil and the last 10 without.
- For a perfect lasagna 4-5 layers is the minimum.
- If at the end of baking the top still looks “pale,” turn on the oven grill and continue for a few minutes, checking the degree of browning often so as not to burn the surface.
- Cover the lasagna sheets tightly with the sauce when you prepare the lasagna so as not to risk it drying out in cooking.
- The lasagna, when cooked, should rest.
Let it rest for at least twenty minutes and then cut it into portions and serve
How To Store Lasagna
Once assembled you can store the lasagna raw for a day in the refrigerator, or freeze it.
Once cooked, however, I recommend consuming it immediately.
If there are any left overs you can store them in the refrigerator for a day or for a maximum of 3 days in an airtight container or covered with cling film.
How to Reheat Lasagna
The lasagna should be heated in a traditional oven or microwave.
How to Freeze Lasagna
Lasagna can be frozen either when cooked or raw.
If cooked, you can’t put them in the freezer as soon as they come out of the oven; they must reach room temperature.
When defrosting lasagna, whether it’s raw or already cooked, don’t put it directly in the oven: rather leave it to thaw for half a day in the fridge.
More italian pasta recipes:
- Pasta Alla Norma Recipe: Easy And Tasty Sicilian Recipe
- Pasta With Potatoes & Bacon: Quick Italian Recipe
- Authentic Italian Pasta Recipes: 34 Delicious Recipes
Did you know that…
The origins of lasagna would be very old: the Roman Apicius, names “lagane”, thin strips of pasta enriched with meat.
This dish could be to all intents and purposes considered the progenitor of our lasagna.
Mozzarella cheese – Parmesan cheese
The trick is simple. Once the indicated time has elapsed and you have complied with the grades given in the recipe, sink your fork into the first layer of lasagna. If the noodles turn out soft, the dish is ready to be served.
No, in the Italian recipe there is no egg in the filling.
Lasagna Recipe Without Ricotta Cheese
CONNECT WITH THE BELLA VITA!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
For the lasagna
- 1.1lbs Bolognese sauce
- 1.22 cups Bechamel sauce
- 16 regular lasagna noodles (or no-boil noodles)
- 10.58 oz Mozzarella cheese
- 3.53 oz Grated grana padano cheese
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 lb Mixed minced meat (pork-beef)
- 3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- 2.5 cups of Tomato passata
- 1 Celery (about 1 cup)
- 1 Carrot (about 1 cup)
- 1 Onion (about 1 cup)
- 1 Bay leaf
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 ⅕ cup Milk
- 3.5 ounce All purpose flour
- 3.5 ounce Butter
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt & Black pepper
- First, dice finely the onion, carrots and celery. This is the soffritto for the bolognese.
- Sauté vegetables in a saucepan with olive oil until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the ground meat and brown it over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, then add the wine and let it evaporate over high heat.
- Add the tomato passata, a glass of water or broth and a bay leaf and stir well.
- Continue cooking over low heat, for at least two hours, stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust the flavor with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Meanwhile, prepare the béchamel sauce.
- Once the Bolognese sauce and bechamel have been made, all that remains is to assemble the ingredients.
- There must be a minimum of 4/5 layer of lasagna noodles.
- Grease a baking dish with a little bit of butter and create the first layer starting with the meat sauce.
- Then add a layer of lasagna noodles. Continue with mozzarella, parmesan, béchamel and more bolognese.
- Cover with more lasagna noodles and continue until all ingredients are used up.
- In the last layer, mix a little bit of meat sauce together with some béchamel.
- To form a crust on the top layer, add lots of parmesan cheese and butter flakes.
- Place the baking dish in a hot 356 degrees F oven and bake for about 30-40 minutes. ( 20-30 minutes with aluminum foil and the last 10 without)
- The last 5 minutes of cooking put the oven to gril, it will form a delicious crust.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 926Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 162mgSodium: 703mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 4gSugar: 13gProtein: 44g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.