Lasagna recipe is the first course to which nobody can say no.
Raise your hand if you have ever, at least once, gone for seconds when eating lasagna?!
Lasagna is a great classic of Italian cuisine, a dish known throughout the world.
This is the classic recipe for preparing lasagna alla Bolognese.
In addition to being inspired by the classic Bolognese, this is the recipe that has always been eaten at my house.
It is so good that I always prepare a lot of it, and then freeze it and cook it when I want something special.
See here how to prepare the béchamel quickly at home in the microwave:
The Classic Lasagna Recipe That Will Be Loved By The Whole Family
More italian pasta recipes:
- Pasta Alla Norma Recipe: Easy And Tasty Sicilian Recipe
- Pasta With Potatoes & Bacon: Quick Italian Recipe
- Authentic Italian Pasta Recipes: 34 Delicious Recipes
The pasta for lasagna
The base of lasagna is egg pasta.
It is easy to find at the supermarket, does not need to be boiled and you just need to season it dry, then cook the lasagna normally.
If, on the other hand, you have a passion for fresh lasagna, you can find ready-made egg pasta, in rolled out sheets, even in the fresh version in the refrigerated counter.
How to store lasagna
Once assembled you can store the lasagna raw for a day in the refrigerator, or freeze it.
Once cooked, however, I recommend consuming it immediately, if there are any left over you can store them in the refrigerator for a day for a maximum of 3 days in if closed in an airtight container or covered with cling film.
Before serving, however, should be heated in a traditional oven or microwave.
How to freeze lasagna
Lasagna can be frozen either when cooked or raw.
If cooked, you can’t put them in the freezer as soon as they come out of the oven; they must reach room temperature.
When defrosting lasagna, whether it’s raw or already cooked, don’t put it directly in the oven: rather leave it to thaw for half a day in the fridge.
Did you know that…
The origins of lasagna would be very old: the Roman Apicius, names “lagane”, thin strips of pasta enriched with meat.
This dish could be to all intents and purposes considered the progenitor of our lasagna.
Lasagna recipe is a great classic of Italian cuisine. The one in this recipe is a simple lasagna with meat sauce that my mom always prepares.
For the lasagna
- 500g of Bolognese sauce
- 300g of Béchamel sauce
- 300g of Egg pasta in lasagne shape
- 300g of Mozzarella cheese
- 100g of Grated grana padano cheese
- 50g of Butter
- 500g of Mixed minced meat (pork loin and beef muscle)
- 3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ Glass of white wine
- 500g of Tomato passata
- 1 Celery
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 1 Bay leaf
- Salt & pepper to taste
- First, dice the onion, carrots and celery.
- Simmer finely chopped carrots, celery and onion in a saucepan with olive oil until tender.
- Add the ground meat and brown it quickly over medium-high heat. Season with salt and pepper. When the meat is dry, add the white wine and let it evaporate over high heat.
- Add the tomato passata, a bay leaf and stir.
- Add a glass of water.
- Continue cooking over low heat, covering with a lid, for at least two hours, stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust the flavor with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Meanwhile, prepare the béchamel sauce.
- Grease a baking dish with butter and create a layer starting with the meat sauce, then the béchamel.
- Create an even layer and cover with lasagna sheets.
- Continue with another layer of sauce, mozzarella and béchamel.
- Cover with more lasagna sheets and continue until all ingredients are used up.
- In the last layer, mix a little bit of meat sauce together with some béchamel.
- To form a crust on the top layer, add lots of parmesan cheese and butter flakes.
- Place the baking dish in a hot 180° oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
- The last 5 minutes of cooking put the oven to gril, it will form a delicious crust.
Once the Bolognese sauce and béchamel have been made, all that remains is to assemble the ingredients. There must be a minimum of five sheets of pasta.
Lasagna is ready!
One of the fundamental steps of lasagna alla Bolognese is the meat sauce. The main ingredient cannot and must not be bought. The trick is to let the meat sauce cook for at least two hours and if you have time even three hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 738Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 299mgSodium: 803mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 47g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.