I absolutely love these crispy, cheesy air fryer parmesan potatoes!
They are easy to make, full of flavor, and perfect for a quick snack or easy side dish.
The parmesan cheese gives these air fryer potatoes an irresistible crispy texture and savory, cheesy flavor that I’m sure you’ll love too.
How To Make Air Fryer Parmesan Potatoes
This easy recipe comes together in just a few easy steps and simple ingredients.
To prepare this recipe, you’ll need small red potatoes or baby yukon gold potatoes, grated Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, chopped fresh parsley, and olive oil.
Set your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) and allow it to preheat for a few minutes.
Wash and scrub the potatoes thoroughly, and cut them in half.
Keep the skin on.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the potato pieces, olive oil, salt, black pepper, and parsley.
Toss them until each potato is coated. In a shallow dish place the parmesan cheese. Spray the air fryer basket with oil.
Coat the potatoes with parmesan cheese on the cut side, and arrange them in the air fryer in a single layer.
Cook them for about 15 minutes, then turn them up and add a bit more parmesan cheese, cook for another 5-10 minutes until golden brown and fork tender.
Enjoy these crispy parmesan potatoes.
CAN I MAKE THESE POTATOES WITHOUT AN AIR FRYER?
Yes, you can make these potatoes without an air fryer. You can simply roast them in the oven instead.
Preheat your conventional oven to 400°F (200°C) and follow the same steps as above, spreading the potatoes out in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
Cook for 30-40 minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway through, until they’re golden brown and crispy.
TIPS FOR MAKING AIR FRYER GARLIC PARMESAN POTATOES.
- Use small potatoes for the best results. They’ll cook more evenly and become perfectly crispy.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Use freshly grated parmesan for the best flavor and texture.
- Use parchment paper in the air fryer basket to clean up more easily.
- Check the potato especially almost at the end of cooking, since air fryers vary in wattage and basket size, cooking times may need to be adjusted for your specific model.
HOW TO REHEAT and STORE LEFTOVERS:
If you have leftover potatoes, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
To reheat them, pop them back in the air fryer at 350°F (175°C) for about 10 minutes.
What can you serve with these roasted potatoes?
These parmesan potatoes make a delicious side dish for just about any weeknight meal.
They’re also perfect alongside soup or salad for a perfect comfort food.
You can also enjoy them as a standalone snack or appetizer with your favorite sauce.
What are the best potatoes to use for air fryer parmesan potatoes?
Baby potatoes work best since their size allows everything to cook through evenly without becoming mushy inside.
Red or gold potatoes around 1-2 inches in diameter will give you the crispiest results.
You can also use fingerling potatoes sliced in half lengthwise.
Can you use full-sized potatoes instead of baby potatoes?
Absolutely! You can use full-sized potatoes if you don’t have baby potatoes on hand.
Cut them into 1/2 to 1-inch chunks, to ensure even cooking. Russet potatoes are the perfect type of potato for this.
Do you need to peel the potatoes?
It’s not necessary to peel potatoes for this recipe.
Just be sure to scrub them well before cooking. The skins crisp up beautifully but feel free to peel them if you prefer.
garlic parmesan air fryer potatoes
CONNECT WITH THE BELLA VITA!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes,
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) and allow it to preheat for a few minutes.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes thoroughly, and cut them in half, keeping the skin intact.
- In a bowl, combine the garlic powder, olive oil, salt, black pepper, and parsley. Toss them until each potato is evenly coated.
- Place the grated Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. Spray the air fryer basket with oil.
- Coat the cut side of the potatoes with Parmesan cheese, and arrange them in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Air fry the potatoes at 400°F (200°C) for about 15 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes and sprinkle a little more Parmesan cheese on top.
- Continue cooking for another 5-10 minutes, or until the potatoes turn golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 512mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
More air fryer recipes:
I’m a huge fan of cooking potatoes in the air fryer. In my opinion, it’s one of the best way and most convenient methods.
Here are some of my favorite air fryer potato recipes:
- Crispy air fryer potato wedges, a crowd-pleasing classic.
- Air fryer baby potatoes, and whole baby potatoes cook up in the air fryer for perfectly roasted little potatoes.
- Air Fryer Potato Puffs, light and fluffy potato puffs made from leftover mashed potatoes.
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes, crispy edges, and a creamy interior.
- Diced Potatoes in Air Fryer, small diced potato cubes turn crispy all over via a short air fry time.