Air fryer small potatoes are a delicious and easy side dish that are perfect for any meal.
Not only are they quick to make, but they also come out perfectly crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Why You Will Love These Air Fryer Mini Potatoes
Air frying baby potatoes is a game changer.
Those cute little potatoes get crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
They are perfect as a side dish for any meal but also awesome all on their own as a snack.
Here are a few reasons you’ll fall in love with air fryer baby potatoes:
- Little prep time: No need to peel them, just toss with some oil and your favorite spices, then air fry.
- They work with any seasoning: Toss the potatoes in garlic and herbs, chili and lime,just salt and pepper or with your favorite seasonings. The possibilities are endless.
What You Need For Air Fryer Baby Potato
Small baby potatoes: You can use any variety of small potatoes you like, such as baby russet potatoes, baby gold potatoes, baby red potatoes, fingerling potatoes or any variety of new potatoes.
Make sure to wash and dry the potatoes thoroughly before cooking.
Olive oil or avocado oil: You will need a small amount of oil to coat the potatoes before cooking.
This will help them crisp up in the air fryer.
Salt and black pepper: To season the potatoes to taste.
Garlic powder & origano: Add flavor to the potatoes. Use depending on how much garlic flavor you prefer.
How To Make Air Fry Baby Potatoes
Start by preheating the air fryer.
In the mean time, rinse the baby potatoes in cold water and pat them dry with a paper towel. Cut potatoes if needed.
Toss well them in a large bowl with olive oil salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure they’re not touching each other.
Cook for 20-25 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through, until the potatoes are crispy on the outside and fork tender on the inside.
Serve hot and enjoy.
Tips For Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes
- Make sure the potatoes are dry before seasoning and cooking them. Excess moisture can make them soggy.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket, for a even cooking.
- Shake the basket halfway through cooking to ensure even browning.
- Make sure you have covered the potatoes well with the oil and spices.
Variations To Air Frying Baby Potatoes
You can season them however you like.
Here are some of my favorite variations to try:
- Toss the potatoes in garlic powder and fresh herbs like fresh rosemary and thyme for a fragrant and flavorful side dish.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese and chopped fresh basil over the potatoes for an Italian cheesy twist.
- Coat the potatoes in a mix of cajun seasoning and olive oil for a spicy and smoky kick.
- Drizzle the potatoes with lemon juice and sprinkle chopped fresh dill over them for a bright and refreshing taste.
- Add some chopped sun-dried tomatoes and crumbled feta cheese for a Mediterranean extra flavor.
How To Serve Small Potatoes in Air Fryer
Air fryer baby potatoes are incredibly versatile and can be served in many different ways.
You can get creative with them and turn them into a snack or appetizer.
Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce, such as guacamole or hummus or top them with sour cream and chives for a loaded potato experience.
Another idea is to empty them on the inside, fill them with cheese and bacon bits, and cook them in an air fryer for a few more minutes to melt the cheese – absolutely delightful!
And if you have some leftovers you can turn them into a breakfast hash by adding diced bacon, onions, and peppers.
Storing and Reheating
If you have any leftover cooked potatoes, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat them, simply place them in the air fryer basket and cook at 375°F for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
I don’t recommend freezing them.
Do I need to boil my potatoes before frying?
No, you don’t need to boil the potatoes before air frying. They’ll cook perfectly in the air fryer without any pre-cooking.
Is air frying potatoes better than baking?
Air frying potatoes is faster and can result in crispier potatoes than baking.
Do you need to pierce potatoes before air frying?
No, for my version you don’t need to pierce the potatoes before air frying.
Do I have to cut the potatoes?
It’s up to you! You can leave the baby potatoes whole or cut them in half for faster cooking.
Do I need to soak the potatoes?
No, soaking is not necessary for small potatoes. Just make sure they are clean and completely dry before tossing with oil and seasonings.
Air Fryer Baby Potatoes Recipe
CONNECT WITH THE BELLA VITA!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 lb. new potatoes,
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the potatoes if needed and wash them under cold running water. Dry them well with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, toss the baby potatoes with olive oil, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well so that all the potatoes are coated with the oil and spices.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket, making sure they're evenly spread out and not overlapping.
- Cook the potatoes for 20-25 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
- Remove the potatoes from the air fryer and serve immediately with a sprinkling of chopped parsley.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 508mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
More air fryer potato recipes:
Air fryer sweet potatoes, to satisfy the craving for something sweet and crunchy.
Air fryer potato wedges, if you have some larger potatoes, make this wedge, the crunchiness is guaranteed.
Diced Potatoes in Air Fryer, a fantastic side dish
Sliced potatoes in air fryer, crispy potatoes perfect for an healthy snack.
Air fryer Garlic parmesan french fries, flavorful potatoes that are crispy perfection.