Air fryer chicken wings are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional fried chicken wings.
The lemon flavor adds a tangy twist that perfectly complements the crispy texture of the wings.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Why I Love These Air Fryer Wings So much
I am a big fan of chicken wings and always like to experiment with new flavors.
The lemon gives a delicious flavor, and thanks to cooking in the air fryer these wings are super crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, the hot air circulating in the air fryer makes the outside of the wings crispy and keeps the inside tender.
Plus they are convenient and easy to make and make a perfect appetizer for a game day or a movie night.
Do not forget that no messy deep frying oil is required.
Ingredients For This Crispy Chicken Wings
To make air fryer chicken wings with flour, you’ll need a few simple ingredients:
Chicken wings: Use medium to large sized chicken wings, high-quality chicken wings will result in the most flavorful and tender wings.
All-purpose flour: Using flour helps create a light coating on the wings, allowing them to become extra crispy in the air fryer.
Lemon juice & zest: Lemon adds a bright, tangy flavor to the wings.
Garlic powder: Garlic powder provides flavor to the chicken wings, pairs beautifully with the lemon.
Olive oil: Use to coat the chicken wings, to let the flour stick better.
Salt and black pepper: Essential for seasoning the wings, ensuring they’re perfectly balanced in flavor.
Chopped fresh parsley (optional): Parsley adds color and fresh flavor to the wings.
How To Make Chicken Wings In Air Fryer – Step by Step
Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
In a shallow bowl, combine well the flour, garlic powder, lemom zest, salt, and black pepper.
In a large bowl or cassarole dish put the chicken wings and coat lightly with oil and lemon juice, and a hint of lemon zest. Rub in well.
Toss the chicken wings in the flour mixture to coat evenly.
Place the wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer and spray lightly with olive oil.
Cook for 10 minutes.
Flip and cook for another 10 minutes until the thickest part of the wings reach 165 to 170 degrees F.
Serve them piping hot with a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of chopped parsley on top.
Do I need to thaw frozen chicken wings before air frying?
For the best results for this recipe, it’s recommended to thaw frozen chicken wings before air frying.
Thaw the wings in the refrigerator overnight or use the microwave’s defrost setting for quicker thawing.
Pat the wings with a paper towels before proceeding with the recipe.
Best Tips To Make Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket, we need the air circling in the air fryer for a unique crispness.
- Don’t be shy with your seasoning! Add the garlic powder, lemon zest, salt, and pepper directly to the flour.
- For the best results, preheat your air fryer for a few minutes before cooking the wings.
- Cook the wings in batches if needed, giving them plenty of space in the basket.
- Flip the wings halfway through cooking, for an even crispness,
There are many ways to make variations of chicken wings in an air fryer.
Here some delicius few ideas to try:
- Buffalo Wings: Toss cooked wings in a mixture of buffalo sauce.
- BBQ Wings: Toss cooked wings in your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Teriyaki Wings: Toss cooked wings in a teriyaki sauce to finish garnish with sliced scallions and sesame seeds.
- Garlic Parmesan Wings: Toss cooked wings in a mixture of melted butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese.
- Spicy Sriracha Wings: Toss cooked wings in a mixture of mayonnaise and Sriracha hot sauce. Add a touch of lime juice and chopped cilantro.
- Orange flavors: Swap out the lemon for lime or orange for a different citrus twist.
How To Serve This Lemon Pepper Wings
You can serve them as a standalone snack or as part of a larger meal.
There are a few different ways you can serve these delicious wings, one option is to serve them as an appetizer or snack.
Air fryer lemon chicken wings are delicious on their own, but they can be even better with the right dipping sauce.
Some good options include ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, or a simple aioli made with lemon juice, mayonnaise, and garlic.
One great option to serve with air fryer lemon chicken wings is a simple Italian potato salad or a fresh green salad.
How To Store & Reheat
To store leftover air fryer chicken wings, allow them to cool at room temperature completely and then transfer them to an airtight container.
Store the wings in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
To reheat chicken wings in an air fryer, preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for few minutes, place the chicken wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
Personally, I don’t recommend freezing wings that are already cooked.
Oven-baked Chicken Wings
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can also prepare these delicious chicken wings in the oven.
In a baking dish with baking paper, cook the chicken at 400°F in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
Can You Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings Without Flour?
Yes! You can make chicken wings in the air fryer without using flour.
Simply season the wings with your favorite spices and place them in the air fryer basket.
Do You Need To Preheat The Air Fryer?
Yes, preheat the air fryer for a few minutes before adding the chicken wings.
Preheating helps to ensure that the air fryer is at the correct temperature for cooking your food, which can help to ensure that your food cooks evenly and gets crispy on the outside.
Yes, you can use parchment paper in the air fryer.
Just make sure it’s cut to fit the basket and doesn’t cover the entire surface.
How Do You Know When Chicken Wings Are Done?
Chicken wings are done when they reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
You can use a meat thermometer to check the temperature.
Can I use chicken drumettes instead of wings?
Yes, you can use chicken drumettes in place of wings for this recipe.
Cooking time may need to be adjusted slightly, as drumettes are typically larger than wings.
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by using a gluten-free flour in place of regular all-purpose flour.
Be sure to also check the labels of your other ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.
Air Fry Chicken Wings Recipe
CONNECT WITH THE BELLA VITA!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Get ready for the ultimate air fryer chicken wings recipe using flour, with a lemon twist that you will love. Perfectly crispy and delicious every time!
- 1 lbs Chicken wings
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Place chicken wings in a large bowl. Pour in the oil, lemon juice and lemon zest and rub to coat the wings well.
- Place the all-purpose flour in a shallow dish. Season with salt, pepper, lemon zest and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Toss the wings in the flour to coat all sides evenly. Gently shake off any excess flour.
- Arrange the wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket, being careful not to overcrowd it.
- Spray the wings with a little more olive oil.
- Air fry at 400°F for 20 minutes, flipping them halfway through cooking, until the wings are cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve the wings immediately with a squeeze half a lemon on top and sprinkle freshly ground black pepper.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 930Total Fat: 69gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 42gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 1161mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 40g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.