If you have an air fryer in your kitchen, one common question you may be asking yourself is “can I use parchment paper in air fryer?”.
A question I also asked myself when I bought my first air fryer, after some research and after testing I can tell you that the short answer is YES.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Today I want to tell you all about parchment paper in air fryer, how to use it best and what are the things you can and cannot do.
Let’s start from the beginning.
What Is Parchment Paper?
Parchment paper is a type of kitchen paper that is commonly used for baking and cooking.
Its special property is its nonstick properties that prevent food from sticking.
It is a type of paper that can resist up to high temperatures, although the common advice is not to exceed 428°F (220°C) maximum temperature.
Can You Put Parchment Paper In An Air Fryer?
The answer in a few words is yes.
Is not absolutely necessary in the cooking process with the air fryer, but there are some benefits to using it.
Benefits Of Using Parchment Paper In An Air Fryer
As someone who loves using my air fryer, I’ve found that parchment paper is a great addition to my cooking routine.
Here are a few reasons why:
- It’s a great way to make cleaning up easier and faster.
I can confirm that it is definitely easy to clean up air fryers when using parchment paper, especially when cooking recipes that need oil or sauces such as BBQ chicken wings.
- Make a protective layer to prevent the air fryer basket from getting scratched or damaged.
- Prevents food from sticking, this makes it easier to remove food and prevent it from breaking when you try to remove it, such as delicate foods like fish fillets or cookie dough.
- Can be used to cook small or delicate foods that might otherwise fall through the holes in the air fryer basket.
- Can be used to create a flat, non-stick surface for cooking food with wet batter.
Best Safety Tips
- Use parchment paper specifically designed for high temperatures in the air fryer.
- Make sure the baking paper is flat and not crumpled to prevent it from sticking to the food.
- If you use pre-cut paper, make sure it is the right size for the bottom of the basket, not too small or too large.
- It’s good to leave an inch on the sides of the basket uncovered to allow air circulation.
- Preheat the air fryer before adding the baking paper and food.
Never preheat the air fryer with the paper in it, as it is light it flies easily and increases the risk of a fire hazard if it touches the heating coil.
- Make sure the food you are cooking is heavy enough to hold the paper in place.
- Make sure the parchment paper is not touching the air fryer’s heating element.
- Check the food regularly while cooking to ensure that the parchment is not burning.
- Do not reuse parchment paper that has already been used.
What kind f parchment paper to use
You can use pre-cut parchment paper or cut a piece of regular parchment paper to fit the basket of your air fryer.
It is important to use parchment paper that is made for high temperature use.
Look for parchment paper labeled “oven safe” or “heat resistant” up to 428°F.
This type of paper can withstand the high heat of the fryer without burning or melting, so never use wax paper, as it is NOT heat-resistant.
Are there any risks of putting parchment paper in an air fryer?
No risk, is generally safe.
Follow the tips I gave you above and everything will be fine.
Faq’s – Frequently Asked Questions
“Using parchment liners in the air fryer doesn’t only help with easy clean up but also helps to maintain the integrity of the non stick coating of the air fryer basket or tray.
The need to frequently scrub out sticky stains takes a toll on the air fryer basket that’s how the use of a parchment helps to extend the life of the air fryer basket.” – Chichi Uguru, Air fryer yum
No, parchment paper is safe to use, but it’s important to use it correctly to prevent it from burning.
It is very easy to make your own air fryer liners.
Take a piece of parchment paper after measuring your basket and use scissors to cut the paper.
If you want more effective air circulation, it is a good idea to make small holes in the paper with a hole puncher.
No, parchment paper is not toxic when heated. Parchment pape is made from vegetable or wood pulp that is treated to make it non-stick and heat-resistant.
As long as you use parchment paper that is labeled as safe for high-heat cooking and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
There is no need to worry about parchment paper being toxic when heated.
Both are safe to use in the air fryer; I prefer to use baking paper because it is more versatile.
Check always the manufacturer’s instructions of your air fryer.
How to Use Parchment Paper in Air Fryer – Step by Step Guide
Follow these steps:
- Cut a piece of paper to fit the bottom of the air fryer basket or use the premade air fryer parchment liners.
- Preheat the air fryer to the desired temperature.
- Place the liners on the bottom of your air fryer basket, making sure it’s flat and not wrinkled.
- Add your food on top of the parchment paper.
- Cook your food according to the recipe instructions.
CONNECT WITH THE BELLA VITA!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!