Who doesn’t love the smell of fresh baked cookies?
Irresistible gooey cookies with crispy edges, and now there’s a new quick way to make them – in an air fryer!
TABLE OF CONTENT
- How to make your favorite cookies in the air fryer + tips
- Air fryer cookie dough printable recipe card
We’ll walk you through everything you need to know to create perfect batches of air fry cookie dough.
So, get ready to preheat your air fryer and let’s dive in for the easy way to make perfect cookies!
What You Need To Make This Easy Air Fryer Cookies
To make cookies with an air fryer, here’s what you need:
Pre-made cookie dough: Choose the type of refrigerated cookie dough you prefer.
You can find it in the refrigerated section of your grocery store.
I used triple chocolate chip, but classic chocolate chip cookie dough is also fine .
Parchment paper: I recommend using it, so you don’t risk the cookies getting between the air fryer grid.
Toppings: This is optional, but you can decorate the cookies with chocolate chips, sprinkles or any other toppings you like.
How To Prepare Cookies In The Air Fryer
Let the premade cookie dough soften at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes.
Preheat the air fryer for a couple of minutes.
Create equal-sized dough balls.
Place the dough balls in the basket of the air fryer.
Cook the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes.
Let them cool.
How To Cook Air Fryer Homemade Cookies Dough
Making homemade cookie dough from scratch is a great way to customize your cookies and get them exactly the way you like them.
While it may seem daunting to air fry homemade cookie dough, it’s actually quite simple.
First, start by making your favorite cookie dough recipe.
Once the dough is ready, scoop the dough with the help of an ice cream scooper into small balls and make sure they are all roughly the same size.
Place the homemade dough balls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and put them in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
This will help them hold their shape and prevent them from spreading too much when they are in the air fryer.
When the dough balls have hardened a bit, take them out of the freezer and place them in the air fryer basket, leaving some space between each one.
Preheat the air fryer to 320°F and the cook time to 6-8 minutes.
Check on the cookies to make sure they don’t overcook.
Look for the edges to start turning golden brown and use a toothpick to check if the middle is fully cooked.
If you have made too many dough cookies, freeze them by wrapping the rest of the cookie dough balls with plastic wrap or in a freezer bag.
Freeze the dough for up to 2-3 months.
Recipe Tips For The Best Results
- Use baking paper to line the basket of the air fryer.
This will prevent the cookies from sticking to the bottom and risk getting stuck between the air fryer grid.
If you use aluminum foil, spray some oil, so you don’t run the risk of it sticking.
- Preheat the air fryer – this will ensure that the temperature is precise and constant throughout the baking process.
- Cooks in small batches; I cook four at a time, all depending of the size of your air fryer.
- Leave space between cookies to allow for expansion., so they do not stick together during baking.
How To Store
First, let the cookies cool completely before storing them.
Then, place them in an airtight container or sealable bag and store in a cool, dry place such as the pantry.
To reheat the cookies in the air fryer uust turn on 320 degrees F and heat them about for 1-2 minutes.
A general rule of thumb is to watch for the edges to start turning golden brown. You can also use a toothpick to check if the middle is fully cooked.
Yes, just spray with baking spray, to avoid the risk of the cookies sticking to the aluminum foil once cooked.
It depends on the size of your air fryer (a typical air fryer can fill about 4 cookies).
You can serve them simply like this or create a cookie ice cream with the addition of your favorite ice cream between two cookies.
If you have a sweet tooth like me, in addition to these super easy cookies, I’m sure you’ll love these air fryer French toast rolls.
For more easy dessert recipes, check out this easy lemon bread and this classic tiramisu recipe.
Air Fryer Cookie Dough
CONNECT WITH THE BELLA VITA!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Air fryer cookie dough
Air fryer cookie dough (homemade or refrigerated).
Enjoy these delicious treat that are ready in no time. Just heat up the air fryer!
- Cookie dough
- Air fryer
- Parchment paper
- Remove the premade cookie dough from the package and let it soften at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 320 degrees F.
- Once the dough has softened, take small portions and make them into balls. Make sure they are all about the same size for even baking.
- Place the cookie dough balls in the basket of the air fryer with a piece of parchment paper, leaving a little space between each one so they can expand during baking.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes (6-8 minutes for homemade dough); check them while baking.
- Let them cool for 2-3 minutes in the air fryer basket then remove the cookies from the air fryer with a spatula or tongs and then transfer to a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 37Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 0g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.