Air Fryer French toast roll-ups are a straightforward and yummy recipe!
They are prepared in only a few minutes and are perfect for breakfast and snacks.
I’m sure you’ll love this recipe.
I make it at least once a week, and the beauty of these rolled French toasts is that you can change the filling to whatever inspires you.
You can make them with Nutella when you’re feeling naughty and with jam when you want to be healthier.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How To Make French Toast Roll-Ups
- Recipe Tips
- Recipe Variations
- French Toast Roll Ups In A Pan
- Do Not Throw Away The Edges Of The Bread
What You Need To Make Air Fryer French Toast
These are the main ingredients you need for this recipe.
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for the step-by-step directions and measurements.
Bread: I recommend using box milk bread, as it will be easier to roll.
White or whole-wheat bread is fine. Always cut off the edges, but don’t throw them away, as you can make croutons for your soups or salads or make these delicious sticks of French toast – below, I explain how to make them.
Eggs: Always use fresh eggs; they will be used to create the batter for making these delicious French toast roll-ups.
Milk: Any kind of milk is okay for preparing this French toast. Milk adds moisture to French toast.
Cinnamon: Cinnamon will give a unique flavor to these rolled French toasts. I add the cinnamon to the egg and milk mixture; if you don’t like cinnamon, you can also use vanilla extract.
Sugar: Very little is used in the mixture to give that extra sweetness.
But you can also omit it if you like.
How To Make French Toast Roll-Ups In The Air Fryer
Prepare the bread: Cut off the edges and flatten them with a rolling pin.
Add the filling and roll it up: Add half a teaspoon of Nutella and spread it on the bread.
Don’t exaggerate with the filling, and roll those delights up.
Prepare the mixture for the French toast: In a bowl, crack the eggs, add the milk, cinnamon, and half a tablespoon of sugar, and beat them.
Dip them into the mixture: Pass the stuffed bread rolls through it to make French toast.
Take care to make sure you have dipped the egg over the entire surface of the rolls.
Cook them in the air fryer.
Serve along with this strawberry milkshake with ice cream for a champion breakfast.
How Long Do You Bake French Toast Roll Ups in the Air Fryer?
Preheat the fryer for one minute, spray with a bit of oil, and cook these rolled French toasts for 4 minutes, turning them halfway through cooking.
- Spray a little oil or use baking paper so they don’t risk sticking.
- Don’t soak the bread too long to avoid them getting soggy.
- Remove the bread crust; it will be easier to roll them up. But don’t throw it away. I explain how you can reuse it.
- Use fresh bread for this recipe. It will be easier to flatten and roll them.
- Preheat the air fryer.
If the air fryer is not hot enough when you put the first rolls in, the egg mixture will expand, forming a “foot” at the bottom of the French toast rolls.
When the air fryer is hot enough, the batter will not have time to run.
Recipe Variations – Other Filling
The beauty of these French toast roll-ups is that you can indulge yourself with the filling.
Here are some ideas:
- Peanut butter.
- Nutella and peanut butter.
- Honey and cinnamon.
- Your favorite jam.
- Honey and apples.
French Toast Roll Ups In A Pan
Take a nonstick pan, put butter in it, and as soon as it is melted, put the French Toast Roll Ups in it.
Turn them continuously so that they can cook well on each side. It will take about 3 to 4 minutes.
When they have an even golden appearance, remove them from the pan and transfer them to a plate.
Do Not Throw Away The Edges Of The Bread
You can use them to make savory croutons. Or try making French toast sticks.
Dip the edges of the bread into the batter with the egg prepared for French toast rolls.
Place them in the air fryer basket, being careful not to let them touch each other, and sprinkle them with sugar.
Cook at 375°F (190°C) for 5 minutes, shaking the air fryer basket halfway through cooking.
FAQ’s – frequently asked questions
For this French toast recipe, milk or brioche bread is perfect and easy to roll. White or whole-wheat bread is fine.
The ideal French toast is browned and crispy on the outside and more soft on the inside. It is not dry or soggy.
Putting in too much milk. If there is too much milk, the egg in the mix will not cook well, which will likely create soggy French toast.
CONNECT WITH THE BELLA VITA!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
Easy Air Fryer French Toast Recipe
- 6 slices of boxed bread (White or whole wheat )
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Cut off the crust of the bread ( do not throw it away).
- On a flat surface, flatten the bread with a rolling pin.
- Spread Nutella, or your favorite filling, on the bread.
- Roll up the bread to form a roll.
- In a bowl beat the eggs, add the milk and beat for 2 minutes. Add the sugar and cinnamon and beat for at least a minute to get everything mixed together.
- Preheat the air fryer for 2 minutes to 375°F (190°C). Spray a little oil or use parchment paper.
- Soak the rolls in the mix with the egg , being careful not to soak it too much, and transfer the rolls to the air fryer.
- Cook in the air fryer for 4 minutes at 375°C, turning the roll halfway through cooking.
Serve piping hot with a little honey and cinnamon on top.
- Spray a little oil or use baking paper so they don't risk sticking.
- Don't soak the bread for too long, so you avoid them getting soggy.
- Remove the crust of the bread; it will be easier to roll them up. But don't throw it away, below I explain how you can reuse it.
- Use fresh bread for this recipe, it will be easier to flatten and roll them.
- Preheat the air fryer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 438Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 188mgSodium: 546mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 4gSugar: 18gProtein: 16g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
It is best to consume the French toast roll ups immediately after preparation to enjoy them at their best.
But it will be kept in the refrigerator for two days in an airtight container.