Air fryer diced potatoes are a game changer! They’re crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and an absolute delight to eat.
Air fryer diced potatoes are an easy and delicious way to enjoy crispy roasted potatoes with less oil and the mess of traditional frying methods.
Why You Will Love These Diced Potatoes
You’ll love this simple air fryer diced potato recipe for many reasons.
The potatoes turn out crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
They need minimal prep, the ingredients are simple and affordable, and you can customize the seasonings to your taste.
What You Need To Make These Crispy Air Pryer Potatoes
Potatoes: Russet potatoes, Yukon gold potatoes, and red potatoes are the best potatoes to use in the air fryer.
They hold their shape well and have a great texture when cooked.
Olive oil: Olive oil helps to crisp up the diced potatoes in the air fryer.
Use the oil of your choice, such as avocado oil or coconut oil
Salt & Black Pepper: These are two essential seasonings that are commonly used in cooking.
Salt enhances the flavor of the potatoes and helps to bring out their natural sweetness, while pepper adds a bit of heat and depth.
Garlic powder: It adds a pungent, savory flavor to the potatoes.
Fresh garlic is also fine, but I recommend you finely chop them.
Paprika: I used sweet paprika, but smoked or hot paprika is also nice.
Fresh parsley (optional): Gives that touch of freshness to the potatoes.
Step By Step Recipe
Wash your potatoes and, with a sharp knife, dice potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes.
Rinse diced potatoes in cold water to remove excess starch, then pat dry with a paper towel.
Toss the potatoes in a large mixing bowl with olive oil and the seasonings.
Preheat your air fryer for a few minutes, and then place the seasoned potatoes in the air fryer basket, ensuring they’re in a single layer.
Cook for 15-20 minutes; give a good shake about every 5 minutes.
Remove from the air fryer, serve with a handful of chopped parsley on top, and enjoy!
Tips For Making The Crispiest Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- Rinse and dry well with a kitchen towel to remove excess starch; if you have a bit more time, you can soak them for half an hour in cold water.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket; cook in batches if needed.
- Shake the basket during cooking to ensure even crispness.
- Preheat the air fryer for best results.
- Dice the potatoes into uniform sizes for even cooking.
Can you air fry frozen diced potatoes?
If you want to use frozen diced potatoes, there is no need to thaw them, just add another 4-5 minutes of cook time.
Remember to spray the potatoes with cooking spray or oil before frying them, as the oil will help the outside of the potatoes to become nicely browned and crispy.
These diced potatoes can be customized in many ways; they are great simple, but imagine these crispy potatoes with a sprinkling of cheddar or parmesan cheese in the last 5 minutes of cooking or with bacon cooked and chopped along with the potatoes for a savory and delicious touch.
I also like to season them with spicy buffalo sauce to make spicy buffalo potato cubes.
Not to mention ideas on spices to use to season them, I list some of my favorites:
- Add chili powder, cumin, and oregano to make Mexican-style diced potatoes.
- Use lemon pepper for a spicy twist.
- Try Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese for an Italian twist.
- Dill, garlic powder, onion powder, and parsley for a ranch flavor.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
Diced potatoes are a perfect side dish that can be paired with many main courses.
In addition, these air fryer diced potatoes can be a great alternative to traditional french fries as a side dish for this salsa burger.
These potatoes are so versatile that they can be a great addition to a breakfast dish, serving them with sheet pan eggs, bacon, and toast.
And finally, why not add them to your salads to give a crisp texture and savory flavor?
How To Store Leftovers
Store leftover diced potatoes in the air fryer in an airtight container in the refrigerator after they have cooled for up to 3 days.
Heat in the air fryer at 350°F (175°C) for 3-5 minutes until heated through and crispy again.
Ways To Use Leftover Air Fryer Potato Cubes
Leftover air fryer cubed potatoes can be repurposed in many creative ways:
- Toss them in a breakfast scramble with eggs, veggies, and cheese for a champion breakfast.
- Add them to a frittata or quiche for a delicious and easy lunch.
- For a delicious and yummy snack, top the potatoes with cheese, bacon, and sour cream.
Can I make this recipe in the oven instead of the air fryer?
Yes, you can make roasted diced potatoes in the oven by tossing diced potatoes with oil and seasonings, then roasting at 400°F for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Should I soak or rinse the potatoes prior to cooking?
Yes, it would be best to let them soak for at least half an hour, but if you don’t have time at least rinse the potatoes in cold water for a few minutes to remove excess starch.
Dry them well with paper towels before seasoning and cooking them.
Why do you soak potatoes in water before air frying?
Soaking potatoes in water can help remove even more starch, resulting in an even crispier texture.
Do you have to peel the potatoes?
It’s up to you whether or not to peel the potatoes, it is a personal preference.
Diced Potatoes: Crispy and Easy Air Fryer Recipe
CONNECT WITH THE BELLA VITA!
Be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post!
- 10oz potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt & black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F.
- Wash and dice the potatoes into small, bite-sized pieces, about 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a bowl, toss the potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika until well coated.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Once the potatoes are golden brown and crispy, remove them from the air fryer and serve hot with some freshly chopped parsley.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 281mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
More Air fryer potato recipes:
Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, with a sweet and savory flavor.
Air Fryer Potato Puffs, golden brown and crispy on the outside, with a soft and fluffy interior.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside
Sliced Potatoes In air fryer, a great alternative to traditional potato chips.
Crispy Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Fries, ith a delicious garlic and Parmesan flavor.