Pasta with sardines and cherry tomatoes is a first course that combines land and sea, simple to prepare and super tasty.
Pasta with sardines is a typical dish of Sicilian tradition which includes wild fennel, among its indispensable ingredients.
This recipe is one of the many versions you can find of this dish.
Some, in fact, prefer to use saffron to give color and flavor to the dish, omitting the tomatoes.
Decide, therefore, whether to keep the tomatoes or to omit them according to your taste.
As it often happens with traditional dishes, in fact, versions can be different according to the province in which it is prepared, adding one or more ingredients or varying, even if slightly, the preparation.
Pasta with sardines and cherry tomatoes is a very simple sauce recipe that can be prepared in a short time while cooking the pasta, and that makes for a very tasty dish!
I assure you that this version of pasta with sardines and cherry tomatoes will be a real surprise for the palate because it is really delicious!
In this recipe as pasta I use fettuccine.
If you do not like fettuccine you can easily replace them with spaghetti.
I recommend, however, to keep the long pasta format, which will be totally wrapped in this delicious sauce.
You should also know that sardines, also known as pilchards, are a variety of blue fish that are very versatile and inexpensive.
So it is worth using them when you have the opportunity to buy them fresh.
Try them now in this irresistible recipe.
Pasta With Sardines And Cherry Tomatoes Recipe
More pasta recipes from The Bella Vita:
- Pasta Alla Gricia Recipe: Autenthic Pasta From Rome With Love
- Authentic Pasta With Zucchini, Bacon & Tomato Sauce: Italian Recipe
- Pasta With Potatoes & Bacon: Quick Italian Recipe
Tasty pasta with sardines and cherry tomatoes: an irresistible recipe! Super easy to prepare.
- 400g Of fettuccine pasta (or long pasta you prefer)
- 300g Of cherry tomato
- 400g Of fresh sardines
- 20g Of pine nuts
- 1 Garlic
- 1 Sprig of wild fennel
- 3 Tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- Salt & Black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In order to start the preparation of pasta with sardines the first thing to do is to clean the fish. Sardines, in fact, must be first removed from the head and then opened in the center. Eliminate the central bone and clean under cold running water in order to be sure of eliminating all the impurities present inside the sardines.
- Dab the sardines gently, and then dip them in the breadcrumbs mixed with a little salt, pepper and the fennel.
- Place a pot with water for the pasta on the stove.
- While waiting for the water for the pasta to boil, heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan with the garlic clove. Brown the sardine fillets with the clove of garlic, which you will then remove, turning them as soon as they are golden, then add the washed and halved cherry tomatoes and add the pine nuts.
- Season with salt and pepper, continue cooking over low heat and if necessary add a little of the pasta cooking water that you will have thrown in as soon as it comes to the boil.
- Remember to set aside a cup of pasta cooking water.
- Drain the pasta al dente and pour it into the pan with the sauce and stir well, adding a little cooking water until the fettuccine are completely cooked.
- To complete this recipe, the breadcrumbs should be passed in a pan with extra virgin olive oil and the fennel so that it is crispy.
- Serve your pasta and finish it off with a sprinkling of crispy breadcrumbs.
Variants Of The Recipe
Pasta with sardines and cherry tomatoes is a very simple dish, perfect for enjoying these small and delicate fish. As I told you before, there are several variations of this delicious recipe.
If you do not like fennel you can try to vary the flavors, using for example some fresh basil leaves or parsley.
On the other hand, if you’re a spicy lover, add some red pepper into the preparation. It will give a special touch to the recipe.