The most requested recipe is finally here! Authentic Thai green curry! We love the color, the spiciness and its creaminess.
The Thai green curry is a typical recipe which you will find all over Thailand.
I first tried this dish about four years ago, in a small Thai restaurant in Koh Lanta, located in Krabi province, and I absolutely fell in love with it.
In fact, it is one of my favorite Thai recipes.
It’s spicy, aromatic, sweet and salty. All at the same time!
Super easy and quick to prepare, I learned how to cook this exact recipe in Chiang Mai, Northern Thailand.
Below you will find the recipe to prepare the curry paste. And thereafter the remaining recipe.
Feel free to skip this part and buy a ready-made paste. You can buy it at ethnic stores or better stocked supermarkets, or make it at home following my recipe below.
- Vegetarian Spring Rolls! Authentic Thai Spring Rolls Recipe You’ll Love
- 25 Healthy Salad Recipes You’ll Want To Eat Right Now!
The original green curry paste you've been waiting for!!
- 2-3 Long green chillis
- 10-15 Sweet basil leaves
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped shallot
- 1 Teaspoon of chopped garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon of chopped kaffir lime leaves
- 1 Tablespoon of lemongrass
- 1 Tablespoon of tumeric
- 1/4 Teaspoon of toasted cumin seeds
- 1 Teaspoon of chopped coriander
- 1/4 Teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon of miso paste
Curry paste is traditionally made by pounding the ingredients in a stone mortar and pestle (you can also use a blender to cut down on time) until all the ingredients become a creamy consistency.
You must know that, in Thai cuisine, the most important thing is the right balance of flavors: sour, sweet, salty and bitter.
Below are the easy instructions for making a chicken Thai green curry. It is super easy to prepare with an authentic taste.
Chicken with green curry, delicious and easy recipe to prepare!
- 100g of Sliced chicken cubes (you can substitute with pork, beef or fish)
- 1 Cup of coconut milk
- 1 Glass of any broth
- 1 Cup of sliced eggplant
- 2-3 Kaffir lime leaves
- 10-15 Sweet basil leaves
- 1 Sliced red chili pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of green curry paste
- 1 Tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1/2-1 Teaspoon of sugar
- Add the coconut milk to the wok and turn on medium heat. Add the green curry paste and stir well until you can see the oil coming from the coconut milk.
- Add chicken, lime leaves, and stir until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the eggplant and continue to stir for 3-4 minutes. After that, add the broth and bring to a boil, all over medium heat, then add the soy sauce and sugar and stir well.
Once the vegetables are cooked, your delicious green curry is ready!
Pour the curry into a bowl and garnish with red chili and basil leaves.
Serve with jasmine rice and enjoy your meal!