Peppermint Crisp Tart is a South African dessert.
It is one of the jewels of South African cuisine, and super simple to make!
A fresh and delicious dessert super easy to make.
I would like to thank my South African family in law for letting me taste this delicious dessert – I can no longer do without it.
It is a very easy to make it and super tasty dessert, you can expect a punch of flavor in every spoonful.
You can make this dessert for any occasion!
What is a Peppermint Crisp Tart?
Peppermint crisp is a chocolate that was originally invented in South Africa in the 1960s, which consists of a bright green, crunchy peppermint filling that is wrapped in milk chocolate.
You can expect a punch of flavor in every spoonful.
Not only is it super easy to make (there are literally only 4 ingredients), but it’s also ready in no time (OK we have to wait for it to chill a couple of hours at least in the fridge).
I love the colors and texture of this dessert, and the combination of mint chocolate and caramel is to die for.
Unfortunately some of the ingredients to make this dessert are not very popular, but thanks to Amazon I was able to find all the ingredients needed.
Peppermint crisp can be purchased anywhere in South African stores.
But you can use any peppermint chocolate.
But my favorite trick is to crush the hard mint sticks in a blender and mix them with an equal amount of grated chocolate – this is a solution if you can’t find peppermint chocolate
Tennis cookies (even those from South African stores) can be substituted for any type of thin coconut cookie.
Peppermint Crisp Tart: The Dessert That Got Into My Heart
Other desserts I truly love:
- Italian Tiramisu Recipe! Authentic , Simple, Delicious & Classic
- Most Amazing Homemade Brownie Recipe – Moist & Delicious
- Zabaione Recipe: A Delicious & Easy Treat To Prepare For The Holidays
- No bake Lemon Tart
PepperMint Crisp Tart
Delicious South African dessert!
- 500ml of Fresh whipping cream
- 380g of Caramel
- 200g of Coconut ookies
- 2 Peppermint Crisp Chocolate Bars
- Grate the peppermint chocolate, or to make the step easier you can blend it in a mixer. After grating or blending, put the chocolate in the fridge.
- Whip the fresh cream until firm.
- Add the caramel to the cream and mix well with a spatula.
- Mix gently so as not to disassemble the cream.
- Add half of the grated mint chocolate to the mixture and mix well with a spatula.
- In a 30x40 pan, place a layer of cookies.
- Pour some of the caramel mixture, then add another layer of cookies.
- Pour the rest of the caramel mixture over the second layer of cookies.
- Sprinkle the last bits of Peppermint Crisp chocolate on top.
- Let cool in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Our delicious Peppermint Crisp tart is ready!
Peppermint Crisp is a chocolate bar made in South Africa. It can be difficult to find outside of South Africa. I stocked up from South Africa. If not, a peppermint flavored chocolate bar will probably do the trick. You'll find the link in the recipe.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 639Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 30gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 364mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 4gSugar: 55gProtein: 5g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Peppermint Crisp Tart In A Glass
This is a really cute way to present a dessert.
A clear glass or jar makes for the perfect serving and is perfectly sustainable.
Plus, this is the perfect excuse to reuse some of those clear jam jars.
Never throw them away – recycle or reuse them!
Storage And Freezing
Store this tart in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
You can also freeze it for about 2 months, and then when necessary take it out of the fridge a couple of hours beforehand.