Amazingly fluffy lemon mini cakes! Lemon lovers will love these mini cakes.
This quick and easy lemon mini cakes recipe is fresh, sweet, healthy and has a delicious crust!
Perfect for an energizing breakfast served with this beetroot smoothie.
A tasteful snack but also a delicious dessert when served with ice cream.
The combination of turmeric and lemon is impeccable, these mini cakes are super fragrant and have a moist, firm texture that won’t crumble when cut.
The turmeric enhances the flavor of the lemon and gives these mini cakes an all-natural yellow color.
Plus, both turmeric and lemon have so many health benefits.
A relative of ginger, turmeric has a bright yellow-orange color and is common in Indian, Southeast Asian and Middle Eastern cuisine.
Lately, turmeric has been touted as a superfood that can fight cancer, relieve depression and more.
- It is a natural anti-inflammatory
- It is a powerful antioxidant
- Has anti-cancer effects
- May help with skin conditions
Instead, the lemon is rich in vitamin C and fiber. These nutrients are responsible for several health benefits.
- Supports heart health
- Helps control weight
- Prevents kidney stones
- Protects against anemia
- Reduces the risk of cancer
- Improves digestive health
If you’re looking for another healthy and delicious breakfast, try this Purple Smoothie Recipe.
It is such an easy way to get your daily dose of fruit.
To create these lemon mini cakes, I used Intergrani’s Rustic & Turmeric Flour, a blend of the highest quality whole grain flours and Turmeric.
Super Delicious & Healthy Lemon Mini Cake
- Banana Muffins: Super Fast & Delicious Recipe
- Most Amazing Homemade Brownie Recipe – Moist & Delicious
- Basic Chocolate Cake Recipe: Quick & Easy To Make For Any Occasion
A super delicious and healthy lemon mini cake!
- 200g of Turmeric flour
- 115g of Butter
- 100g White Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 150g Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of Lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of Baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, start working the soft butter with the sugar with a whisk.
- Add the eggs one at a time and continue to work with the whisk.
- Work the mixture for 3 minutes, and add yogurt, lemon juice and zest and continue working for 2 minutes.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda to the liquid mixture and process until smooth and homogeneous.
- Pour the batter into the paper cups, set in a muffin mold, and fill them up to 3/4 full (about 3 tablespoons per mini cake).
- Before putting them in the oven, add a little brown sugar on top of the cupcakes for a crispier cupcake.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 degrees, for about 20 minutes.
- Do the toothpick test to be sure, when they are ready let them cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Your delicious and healthy mini cakes are ready!
- If you don't have a muffin mold, you can use aluminum molds, lining them with paper cups.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 246mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 6g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
How to Warm Up the Mini Cakes As A Leftover Snack?
Oven (recommended method): Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Heat muffins until warm or lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
Microwave (quick method): Alternatively, you can reheat the muffins in the microwave (one at a time). Cook in the microwave at 50% power until slightly warm, about 45 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds depending on the power of your microwave.
I recommend 30 second intervals, this way you can avoid overcooking the cupcakes in the microwave which will cause them to become hard .
How to Store These Mini Cakes?
Before storing, be sure to let the cupcakes cool completely on a wire rack.
Transfer them to an airtight container lined with a sheet of paper towels.
Arrange them in a single layer and cover the top with another sheet of paper towels before sealing the container with an airtight lid.
Tip: Paper towels will absorb excess moisture from the muffins and allow them to stay fresher for longer.
You can store them at room temperature for 3-4 days.
Alternatively, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Can These Lemon Pies Be Frozen?
You can freeze for 2-3 months in your favorite freezer containers or ziplock freezer bags.
Let the mini cakes come to room temperature before enjoying them.