Amazingly fluffy lemon mini cakes! Lemon lovers will love these mini cakes.
This quick and easy lemon mini cakes recipe is fresh, sweet, healthy and has a delicious crust!
Perfect for an energizing breakfast, a tasteful snack but also a delicious dessert when served with ice cream.
The combination of turmeric and lemon is impeccable, these mini cakes are super fragrant and have a moist, firm texture that won’t crumble when cut.
The turmeric enhances the flavor of the lemon and gives these mini cakes an all-natural yellow color.
Plus, both turmeric and lemon have so many health benefits.
A relative of ginger, turmeric has a bright yellow-orange color and is common in Indian, Southeast Asian and Middle Eastern cuisine.
Lately, turmeric has been touted as a superfood that can fight cancer, relieve depression and more.
- It is a natural anti-inflammatory
- It is a powerful antioxidant
- Has anti-cancer effects
- May help with skin conditions
Instead, the lemon is rich in vitamin C and fiber. These nutrients are responsible for several health benefits.
- Supports heart health
- Helps control weight
- Prevents kidney stones
- Protects against anemia
- Reduces the risk of cancer
- Improves digestive health
To create these lemon mini cakes, I used Intergrani’s Rustic & Turmeric Flour, a blend of the highest quality whole grain flours and Turmeric.
Super Delicious & Healthy Lemon Mini Cake
- Banana Muffins: Super Fast & Delicious Recipe
- Most Amazing Homemade Brownie Recipe – Moist & Delicious
- Basic Chocolate Cake Recipe: Quick & Easy To Make For Any Occasion
A super delicious and healthy lemon mini cake!
- 200g of Turmeric flour
- 115g of Butter
- 100g White Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 150g Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of Lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of Baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, start working the soft butter with the sugar with a whisk.
- Add the eggs one at a time and continue to work with the whisk.
- Work the mixture for 3 minutes, and add yogurt, lemon juice and zest and continue working for 2 minutes.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda to the liquid mixture and process until smooth and homogeneous.
- Pour the batter into the paper cups, set in a muffin mold, and fill them up to 3/4 full (about 3 tablespoons per mini cake).
- Before putting them in the oven, add a little brown sugar on top of the cupcakes for a crispier cupcake.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 degrees, for about 20 minutes.
- Do the toothpick test to be sure, when they are ready let them cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Your delicious and healthy mini cakes are ready!
- If you don't have a muffin mold, you can use aluminum molds, lining them with paper cups.
How to Warm Up the Mini Cakes As A Leftover Snack?
Oven (recommended method): Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Heat muffins until warm or lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
Microwave (quick method): Alternatively, you can reheat the muffins in the microwave (one at a time). Cook in the microwave at 50% power until slightly warm, about 45 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds depending on the power of your microwave.
I recommend 30 second intervals, this way you can avoid overcooking the cupcakes in the microwave which will cause them to become hard .
How to Store These Mini Cakes?
Before storing, be sure to let the cupcakes cool completely on a wire rack.
Transfer them to an airtight container lined with a sheet of paper towels.
Arrange them in a single layer and cover the top with another sheet of paper towels before sealing the container with an airtight lid.
Tip: Paper towels will absorb excess moisture from the muffins and allow them to stay fresher for longer.
You can store them at room temperature for 3-4 days.
Alternatively, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Can These Lemon Pies Be Frozen?
You can freeze for 2-3 months in your favorite freezer containers or ziplock freezer bags.
Let the mini cakes come to room temperature before enjoying them.