Chicken cutlets are a second course that everyone loves! Super crispy and super flavorful!
These crispy chicken cutlets are thinly sliced chicken breasts covered in breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese, that together create a delicious, golden, flavorful crispness.
When you need a quick dinner, chicken cutlets are the ideal dinner. They are delicious and quick to prepare.
To prepare the cutlets you basically need sliced chicken breasts, flour, eggs and breadcrumbs. Ingredients that almost all of us already have in our kitchen.
The wonderful thing about chicken cutlets is that they cook in a few minutes, and make evenings when you don’t feel like cooking elaborate meals much easier.
Simply serve them with a nice salad or baked potatoes for a fantastic dinner that will be loved by the whole family.
- 25 Healthy Salad Recipes You’ll Want To Eat Right Now!
- The Best Cordon Bleu Recipe You Wish You Made Sooner
- Easy Authentic Focaccia Recipe with Olives, Tomatoes & Rosemary!
- Pickled Aubergine Recipe In Olive Oil – The Best Recipe You Will Find
- 8 Slices of chicken breast
- 100g of White flour
- 200g of Breadcrumbs
- 70g of Parmesan or pecorino cheese
- 2 Medium eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- Pound the chicken slices with a meat pounder if necessary.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and in another large, shallow bowl place the flour.
- In a shallow bowl combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper and mix well.
- So you have 3 bowls in total - eggs, flour and the breadcrumbs.
- Salt and pepper the chicken slice on both sides.
- Flour the chicken slice making sure the flour sticks well on all sides, it will help the egg to stick better.
- Then dip the chicken in the egg, and then dip it in the breadcrumbs, pressing well so that the breadcrumbs stick together. The breading should cover the chicken slices well.
- Proceed in this way for all the chicken slices.
- In a frying pan pour the extra virgin olive oil and heat the oil for 2-3 minutes. To tell if the oil has reached the perfect temperature drop a little bit of crumb into the pan, if it starts to fry you have reached the perfect temperature.
NB: The oil should reach about halfway up the side of the chicken.
- Now fry the cutlets for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Place the cutlets on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
Your delicious cutlets are ready!
Serve them hot, accompanied by your favorite side dish.
If you have time, let the cutlets rest in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour before cooking them. This helps with a crispier breadcrumbs.
To make the dish lighter you can cook in the oven at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes.
Make Chicken Cutlets Even More Special: DIY Breadcrumbs
Stale bread, preferably a few days old, is the best. If you don’t have any on hand, you can cut up some fresher bread and leave it uncovered in the air for a few hours.
Place your stale bread in a food processor and blend it until you have fine breadcrumbs.
If you don’t have a food processor, you can cut the bread into smaller cubes and use a blender or immersion blender.
If you don’t have one of these items, you can put the smaller cubes in a Ziploc bag and simply crush them with a rolling pin!