This crispy cauliflower is a quick and easy recipe, perfect for preparing a very healthy and tasty side dish or appetizer in no time.
Cauliflower prepared in this way is delicious and will give this vegetable an extra kick so that even the kids will enjoy it!
To add more flavors you can use the spices that you like.
In this case I used paprika and garlic salt, an extra touch is to accompany the dish with any delicious homemade sauce.
This recipe is vegan, containing no animal ingredients.
For a gluten-free version simply replace the breadcrumbs used for the breadcrumbs with cornmeal or even sugar-free corn flakes for an even crispier version.
Why Make this Crispy Cauliflower?
I love my cauliflower in every way, with pasta, boiled in the oven, au gratin, etc.
This recipe is perfect for getting those who are more grumpy to eat cauliflower.
What Do I Need to Make This Recipe?
Very few ingredients to prepare these delicious crispy cauliflowers:
Cauliflowers: It is obviously the main ingredient in this recipe.
You can use the fresh ones, but the frozen ones are fine too. (Below I have listed the benefits of cauliflower)
Flour: We need flour to create the batter by combining it with water. You can use white flour, but any flour will do the job.
Spices: You can use as many spices as you like.
I used paprika and garlic salt in this one.
Breadcrumbs: Will create a crispy outer layer.
Cauliflower: Everything You Need To Know
Cauliflower is a very important vegetable in the nutrition of adults and children, because it is rich in beneficial substances for the organism.
What Are The Benefits Of Eating Cauliflower?
Cauliflower is a typical winter vegetable which, thanks to the perfect balance of its components, has a beneficial effect on health when consumed 2-3 times a week.
Benefits of Cauliflower:
- Helps to detoxify the liver and the whole body.
- Is recommended in low-calorie diets, rich in fiber, promotes a sense of satiety.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Contributes to fight anemia.
- Fights constipation.
- It is a useful food to maintain the health of bones and teeth.
- Helps to control cholesterol and glycemia.
- Has an anti-inflammatory action.
- Helps to prevent skin aging.
What Is The Difference Between Cauliflower And Broccoli?
Both cauliflower and broccoli belong to the Cruciferae family.
Unlike the characteristics of shape, color, texture, taste etc, which can change from one variety to another, the calories of cauliflower and, in general, the nutritional values of cauliflower are very similar to those of broccoli. As well as the properties and benefits.
What To Look For Before Buying A Cauliflower
Cauliflower should be tightly closed, firm, with the inflorescence firm and unblemished.
The outer leaves should be crisp and adherent to the head.
A firm and compact flower, with the florets well closed, is a sign of freshness; a slightly blackened surface betrays a bad and prolonged preservation.
Cauliflower is in fact a delicate vegetable, which easily deteriorates.
How to Make this Recipe Crispy Cauliflower Recipe
- Croquettes Recipe: Delicious Recipe For A Vegetarian Appetizer
- Breaded Zucchini Sticks: A Delicious Appetizer That Everyone Will Love
- Eggplant Parmesan Recipe: Easy Classical Recipe
Crispy cauliflower recipe, a delicious and fun way to eat cauliflower!
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1 Cup of white flour
- 1 Cup of water
- 1 Tablespoon of paprika
- Half a tablespoon of garlic salt
- Black pepper
- A drizzle of olive oil
- First wash the cauliflower well and divide all the florets, making sure to cut them small.
- Boil them for about 5-6 minutes in boiling salted water and then let them dry in a colander.
- Meanwhile, let's prepare the batter.
- In a bowl, sift the flour. To the flour add the paprika, garlic salt and a little black pepper, and mix together.
- Add the water slowly and mix to perfection with a whisk to avoid forming annoying lumps, When we have obtained a smooth and homogeneous batter, we set it aside.
- In another bowl, pour in the breadcrumbs.
- Prepare the baking pan with baking paper and preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Take the cauliflower florets and pass first in the batter and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the cauliflower in the baking dish and pour a drizzle of olive oil over it.
- Bake at 200 degrees Celcius in the oven for 25 minutes. When the cauliflower is golden brown it is ready.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 620mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
How To Serve Crispy Cauliflowers
I served them simply with mayonnaise mixed with with some sweet chili sauce.
I mixed 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise and a tablespoon of sweet chili sauce. That simple!
You can also serve them with ketchup or whatever sauce you prefer.
Storing Your Leftover
You can store in the fridge in a container for up to 2 days.
To reheat cauliflower in the oven, for keep its crispiness you need to reheat it in the oven!
For best results, heat the cauliflower in the oven for about 10 minutes.
Can I Put Crispy Cauliflowers In An Air Fryer?
Place the cauliflower in the basket, being careful not to place them one on top of the other.
Preheat the air fryer to 370°F. Cook for about 10 minutes.
If you want to be naughty, you can also fry them.
We all know that fried things taste better!
Fry the cauliflowers, a few at a time, in plenty of frying oil at a temperature of 175 degrees Celsius.
Once they are golden brown, drain them on absorbent paper to dry the excess oil.
I can assure you that baking is no less, these cauliflowers are really crispy even in the oven.